MIDWIFE (6 Posts)
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications..
Degree in Midwifery
Direct Reports to: MIDWIFE SUPERVISOR
Location: Nduta Camp
Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). Swahili, Kirundi and French are assets.
Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service. Must be registered with Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), and neonatal, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardized protocols.
- Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
- Participating in the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button to apply for this job.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, detailed CV and supporting documents To: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta in the CV Box by 4.00pm on 16th October 2019.
- Only applications in English or French will be considered. (Women are encouraged to apply).
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.
- MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.