Job Title: Coordination Office Assistant
The Coordination Office Assistant is a dynamic position that requires a wide variety of skills and a self-motivated, creative candidate ready to learn and grow their skills and perform at a very high level. The Coordination Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the Head of the Coordination Office for Mission 21 in Tanzania located in Mbeya, Tanzania. The Coordination Office purpose is to maintain the quality of the relations between Mission 21 and its partner organizations in Tanzania, being the Moravian Church in Tanzania South West and Southern Provinces in order to optimize the effectiveness of the Cooperation Programme between Mission 21 and its partners. This includes administrative and financial management assistance, project management support and facilitation of capacity development for Mission 21 Coordination Office and partners. The candidate must be a Tanzanian citizen. Candidates of all genders and religions will be equally considered.
Education and experience requirements:
- The candidate must have a minimum education of a Bachelor Degree in a relevant field including: Programme/Project Management, Financial Management, Community Development, Social Services, Public Health, Business Administration
- The candidate should have a minimum 3 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- The candidate must possess excellent skills and be able to demonstrate competency in:Communication: written and oral in English and Kiswahili; German an asset; local tribal languages in Mbeya and Songwe regions an asset
- Computer: Microsoft Office suite, email and internet research tools; accounting software an asset
Interpersonal, intercultural and interfaith relations
Organizational: time management, office management, scheduling, logistics
- Project Cycle Management/Results-Based Management skills
The candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrate self-motivation and initiative, and communicate and report on their work effectively to the Programme Coordinator and Programme Officer.
Scheduling and travel requirements:
- The position will require the candidate to work 5 days per week, normally Monday to Friday from 9h00 to 17h00. The position requires work evenings and on weekend days several times per month. The position involves regular (minimum weekly) travel to both headquarters of the partner organizations, in Mbeya and Rungwe Mission. The candidate will also be required to travel to all project sites which span all of Mbeya and Songwe Regions, with peripheral sites in Ruvuma and Iringa regions. There may also be required travel to Dodoma and Dar es Salaam for networking and follow up to national and governmental agencies.