Mkombozi Commercial Bank Plc (MKCB) is a fully fledged Commercial Bank established in 2009. The Bank has its registered offices in Tanzania and has ten branches across the country, Four branches are located in Tanzania, one branch in Moshi, Mwanza, Bukoba, Morogoro, Dodoma, and Iringa, The Bank is growing fast and operates on solid cooperate governance principles.
To maintain the growth momentum, the Bank is seeking to recruit individuals who are energetic, resourceful, and focused with a strong track record of excellent performance from leading financial sector institutions to fill three senior officers vacancies below:
Position: Head Of Credit
Reporting to: Managing Director
Duration: Fixed Term.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Managing the entire process of Credit Management broadly covering origination, analysis, delivery, and monitoring of Loan Portfolio Develop, modify and test models for credit risk measurement and management
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
- Periodically review best practices in the area of Credit Risk management
- Review and develop the Bank’s credit approval policies and guidelines as well as participate in ad hoc projects of investigative or trouble-shooting nature on specific customer portfolio.
- Manages the processing of credit applications, overdrafts, guarantees and letters of credit;
- Ensures credit applications are assessed as stipulated in the credit and provisioning policy;
- Ensures the effective performance of the bank credit portfolio;
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- A Master’s degree in a Business-related field, especially Banking and Financial Institutions or other related disciplines from a recognized university or institution.
- Must be an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), or Certified Public Accountants (CPA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or other Business related international/national membership;
- At least 5 years’ experience at executive management level within growing banking and/or financial institution organization; with demonstrable positive experience in leadership and strategic management.
- Excellent user of various Computer and professional analytical tools including conversant with IFRS 9 and ECL Models
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and financial services business; and
- Good financial management and reporting experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, risk and conflict management skills;
- Self-driven and results-oriented, ability to work conscientiously independently, efficiently and effectively;
- High level of integrity and honesty;
MODE OF APPLICATION
MKCB offers attractive, competitive and negotiable remuneration package and benefits.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, you should send your CV with a cover letter through the post in the address below:
Lindam Group Limited,
06th Floor, Tanzanite Park,
Plot 38, New Bagamoyo Road,
P.O. Box 34023,
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
CLOSING DATE: 27th July 2019 While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Please note that the selected candidates will be required to submit original academic certificates & transcripts. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to the following process: Background Check; a competency assessment; and reference checking.