Position: Accountant x1 (Volunteer)
Location: Morogoro Mjini Morogoro
Report to: Program Director
- Prepare MOSAPORG
- Prepare payment requests and obtain appropriate approvals and
- Processing of payment vouchers and passing journal vouchers.
- Preparation of Cash Books.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement.
- Responsible for maintaining the Fixed Assets register.
- Prepare the financial reports according to the Donors Requirements.
- Review Journal and Payment Vouchers ensuring they are adequately supported, properly classified and allocated to appropriate program and overhead accounts before posting.
- Review, monitor and reconcile accounts receivable, other than staff advances, and payable ensuring they are settled and cleared from the books.
- Prepare supporting documents required for financial statements submissions to Executive Director.
- Ensure all soft copy reports (sent to Executive Director) are properly kept in the Financial Report files.
- Assist in the preparation of online payments.
- Be an alternate MOSAPORG agent in dealing with bank.
- Provide requisite cooperation with external auditors and organizations undertaking audits and/or financial reviews.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Participate in staff orientation, training, development, and team-building for all staff within and outside the department.
- Act as Internal Auditor.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Program Director .
Academic and/or Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce: or holder of Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Commerce.
- At least One year of progressively responsible experience in Projects Management, including at least one year working with non-profit organizations or Fresh Graduates .
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, such as Quick Books, ACCPAC, etc.
- Ability to perform account reconciliations.
- Knowledge of Project management.
- Ability to Collect Data and Analyzing Data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Analytical and report presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Applicant Must Live in Morogoro
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your Cover letter describing why you are the right candidate for MOSAPORG and curriculum vitae/Resume detailing your experience with three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting to:
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR MOSAPORG ,
Mbuyuni Street/Near by Muslim University (MUM) Kihonda Maghorofani Ward
P.O. Box 1509,