GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To command and control guards and guard posts for effective provision of security services at Mtibwa Sugar Estates.
DEPARTMENT & LOCATION: Risk Management – Mtibwa Estates Limited
REPORTS TO: Security Field Officer.
- The Supervisor is the interface between Security Management and guards, ensuring operational tasks and deployments are correctly implemented.
- Safeguarding of life and property
- Reduction of Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited exposure to loss
- Management of guards and guard posts
- Ensuring effective response to incidents
- Ensure effective deployment of guard shifts
- Identify and effect speedy replacement of shortages
- Application of operational procedures in accordance with the Operations Manual
- Liaise with Security Management to ensure effective deployment
- React to customer complaints and incident reports
- Maintain efficient and timely reporting
- Maintain discipline and morale
- Relay information, intelligence and guards’ concerns to Security Field Officer
ROLE & CONTEXT:
- Liaise with Security Field Officers to co-ordinate effective manning of all Mtibwa Sugar Estates Limited locations.
- Attend weekly operations meeting
- Maintain operational procedures in accordance with operations manual
- Manage internal and external threats by managing security situations and directing resources as appropriate
- Write incident reports and complaint forms in accordance with operation manual
- Deal with Management complaints in a timely and courteous manner
- Provide observations and recommendations to Field Officers
- Ensure reports, OBs and returns are accurate and timely
- Supervisor Shift Summary
- Guard Check List and roster returns
- Fault Correction Forms
- Ensure that all incidents during the shift are reported and incident reports raised
- Visit posts in designated zones at least twice per 12 hour shifts
- Carry out site security surveys as required
- Maintain discipline in accordance with Company core values and disciplinary code
- Ensure personnel are briefed and equipped for forthcoming shift
- Ensure all posts are properly manned and deal with shortages
- Ensure uniform and equipment requirements are sufficient for operational delivery
- Ensure guards understand and are familiar with their post orders
- Assist Field Officers in nominating awards for good work
- Follow up cases with the Security investigator
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button to apply for this job.
All the applications should be addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
Mtibwa Sugar Estates Ltd.