MUCOBA BANK PLC formerly known as Mufindi Community Bank was incorporated in December 1998 and licenced by BOT in May 1999 and opened its doors to the public in June 1999.The bank,with its head office in Mafinga, offers banking services to the communities of Iringa region. Banking services are also provided through services centres in neighbouring districts of Iringa and Kilolo. MUCOBA Bank is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self- motivated Tanzanians with high personal integrity to apply for the following positions.
Job Title: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
Reports to General Manager
Is a head of Finance and Human Resource department
Work station: – Mafinga Iringa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that there are effective and efficient controls of all financial operations of the Bank
- To prepare the Bank plans and financial budget timely.
- To ensure that all Monthly and Quarterly financial reports are prepared and submitted to the Board or Board committees for deliberations
- To ensure that all regular returns are prepared by for submission to Bank of Tanzania and other authorities including TRA, NSSF and External Auditors are correct and are in place
- To control all daily receipts and expenses of the Bank and prepare reconciliation of all bank accounts on daily and monthly basis.
- To ensure that there is sound liquidity position of the Bank in collaboration with other heads of departments
- To ensure that financial accounts of the Bank are prepared timely according to relevant IFRS, BOT Guidelines and submitted to the Board and external Auditors.
- To implement timely BOT examination report and the external and internal auditor’s recommendations which are finance related in order to improve operations of the Finance department and the Bank in general.
- To ensure that expenses are incurred strictly within the approved budgets basing on availability of funds.
- To recommend to the General Manager appropriate issues patterning to Human resource and the finance Policies for approval by the Board of Directors.
- To participate in Management meetings, Board Committees and Board meetings as may be required from time to time by the Bank.
- To ensure that qualified staff are employed by the Bank.
- To carry out periodic staff performance review of his/her subordinates.
- To recommend corrective measures to be employed in cases of employment related problems and conditions of employment so as to minimize any likely procedural deficiencies
- To ensure there is effective compliance of labour laws and Bank Human Resource Policies in order to minimize labour disputes.
- To make a follow-up on labour disputes and cases taken to TUICO, Labour Department, Industrial Court and other courts
- To ensure that employees exercise work discipline and portray good image of the Bank to the customers and the public
- To prepare procurement plan, supervise and monitor all procurements of the bank.
- To ensure proper staffing for all departments and maintenance of discipline at the work place
- To ensure proper training to staff through in-house and external resources
- Perform any other duties as may be directed or assigned by the General Manager
- The Finance Manager is a senior position in the bank and is appointed by the Board of Directors.
- The minimum entry qualifications of a finance manager are as follows:
- A candidate must have degree in Accounting, Business Administration and Finance or equivalent.
- Holder of CPA (T) qualifications or equivalent and registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) as Authorized Accountant or relevant equivalent qualifications.
- Post qualification experience of at least 5 years as senior positions preferably in Auditing or accounting in a financial institution in Tanzania.
- Knowledge and competence in computerized accounting system preferably those used by banks.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Creative and able to take initiative.
- Must demonstrate honesty, integrity and transparency.
- Must be a team player.
- Capable to demonstrate leadership skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All Applications with CV, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of at least three referees should be sent to undersigned by 03/06/2019
THE BOARD CHAIRMAN,
MUCOBA BANK PLC,
P.O. BOX 147,
Or you can apply for this job online by clicking the button above APPLY FOR JOB.
N.B: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.