Registered Nurse Officer/Midwifes
Immediate Kangaroo Mother Care (I-KMC) Project is looking for interested and qualified candidates to fill the following posts;
REGISTERED NURSE OFFICER/MIDWIFE – ( 3 POSTS)
Reports to Site supervisor and site coordinator
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Obtain informed consent.
Assess anthropometric measurements.
Visit study participants and complete HOME questionnaire.
Perform PHQ9 assessment.
Perform any other research activities as assigned by the Principal Investigator or his/her designate.
Maintain disciplined behavior and proper conduct in rendering services to his/ her assignees
Assurance that personal and confidential information is restricted to those entitled to know
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIANCE
- Successfully completed Ordinary “O” Level Secondary Education with PASSES in Kiswahili and English.
- Diploma in Nursing /Midwifery with at least 2 years experience
- Experienced in working on research projects especially in maternal and child health
- Experience in using tablet for data collect or ability to learn fast
- Ready to learn the skills required for neurodevelopmental assesment of children
- Possession of a valid Good clinical practice ( GCP ) certificate is an added advantage
- Good problem solving skills Possess Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Professional work ethic including efficiency and punctuality
- Ability to work independently with minimal
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow research assistants
- Ability to record research data acurately and with no falsification
- Fluency on English and Kiswahili.
Possess good writing and verbal communication skills
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
One-year contract with possibility of extension; subject to candidate’s performance and availability of fund for all positions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the Undersigned enclosing:
Signed application letter outlining their suitability as per the job description
Photocopies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts
Names and addresses of three (3) Referees
Mode of communication, e.g. telephone, e-mail, fax etc.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the;
Directorate of Human resource office at MUHAS and address it to: Principal Investigator, DR AUGUSTINE MASSAWE, P. O. Box 65001, Dar Es Salaam
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.