Position: Chief Wholesale Banking
Reporting Line: Managing Director
Location: NMB Head Office Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 24th June 2019
Provide leadership to Wholesale Banking operations in delivering excellent customer experience, increasing customer acquisition, maximizing retention and driving quality standards.
Effectively participate in Management and other committee meetings in support of the bank’s Wholesale strategy.
- Formation and execution of strategy
- Formulate Wholesale Banking strategies and communicate the strategy, plans and ideas to Wholesale Banking team leaders.
- Manage the development, targeting and pricing of Products and Services for delivery of the strategy and objectives
- Prepare financial budgets/ forecasts in line with NMB strategic objectives, business/ operational risk, socio-political and economic market forces.
- Understand the strategic direction of NMB Plc. ensure alignment to customer demand, and create competitor advantage.
- Provide overview of market, sector and technological trends and developments
Business Goal Management
- In collaboration with key operational functions, manage the formulation and implementation of key client service programs to agreed benchmarks
- Propose and/or implement innovative ideas to enhance business results.
- Develop and implement changes to the range of products and services including new product introduction and product withdrawal
- Develop, implement and own the end-to-end product sales processes and associate technology systems across channels and within product categories
- Negotiate terms and conditions and coordinate with Credit/legal for credit applications for new loan facilities for Wholesale Banking clients.
- Present and defend Wholesale Banking credit applications in the Credit Committee
- Evaluate the performance of existing products and continually seek to optimise the product and proposition portfolio.
- Ensure growth of a quality credit portfolio at all times and a sustainable self-funded wholesale banking balance-sheet
- Monitor and manage complete regulatory compliance; audit performance and addressing of root-cause for issues raised
- Establish and monitor physical, operational and process risk controls and levels of authority to minimize risk exposure
- Manage the Wholesale Banking liability & loan book within the bank’s risk appetite statement.
- Review and authorize Wholesale Banking credit applications from account managers prior to submission to Risk Management.
People Management and Leadership
- Lead a cultural transformation across Wholesale Banking by embedding the NMB values.
- Support and guide people development agenda in line with the bank’s HR strategy.
- Contribute effectively in the bank’s Management committees and ensure the business is managed in terms of agreed policy, regulations and guidelines.
- Develop, implement and own the end to end service processes required to support the operation and maintenance of all products across channels in line with industry and regulatory requirements and Customer Experience
- Lead the definition of end to end customer experience across all channels, service processes, sales processes and operations in line with the Wholesale Banking strategy
- Leverage customer analytics to inform strategic choices and priorities.
Originate, maintain and develop relationships in the Wholesale Banking market.
- Possess an intimate understanding of Wholesale competitor activity, drivers, products, strengths, vulnerabilities, market-share and client base accordingly to meet business objectives.
- Broad and detailed technical knowledge of general Wholesale Banking practices and procedures.
In-depth understanding of the bank’s strategy, operating structure and interfaces with other functions.
- Strong Leadership and Management skills
- Project and change management skills
- Numeracy and analytical thinking
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent; an MBA is an added advantage
- General understanding of current business trends and competition in the banking industry and its overall impact to the performance of the bank.
- At Least 15 years’ work experience in banking/ reputable financial services industry; 5 years being in a senior leadership role.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, cost control and sales management is essential
- Significant Credit knowledge is essential
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.