Head; Corporate Communications
Responsible for advising on the overall NMB Communications and Public Affairs policy in order to promote the Bank’s public image and develop an overall strategy and action plans for Corporate Communications, Public Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Be first point of contact for external media relations to ensure positive representation of the bank and its products in all media, including managing media engagement as the bank’s spokesperson and as delegated by the CEO from time to time
- Manage protocol for professional and consistent exposure during public appearances of the CEO
- Manage the bank’s reputation including crisis management in case of any (potential) matter arising that may threat NMBs good and solid image
- Implement a structured programme to facilitate appropriate levels of interaction with a variety of stakeholders, including the public and government officials, lobbying for business purposes, image and policy influence
- Represent NMB, and provide relationship support, towards potential investors, government and other stakeholders
- Provide political, social and economic intelligence to support business decisions through:
- – Public policy & political risk monitoring and reporting
– Stakeholder management, including identification, intervention and management of potentially damaging issues that may arise from press reports and other media outlets, bringing these proactively to the CEO and others for internal deliberation
– Crisis communication plan implementation, team structure management and crisis management preparedness, using crisp and well thought-through business communiqués using the most suitable media given the situation
– Building and maintaining relationships with both print and electronic media houses
– Building and maintaining cordial relationships with relevant Ministries, Permanent Secretaries, Regional commissioners etc.
- Lead the development and delivery of the bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy and chair the internal CSR committees
- Facilitate external NMB sponsored CSR events such as ‘Financial inclusion’ initiatives in the branch network
- Define the policy for NMB’s community initiatives in alignment with agreed bank guidelines
- Collaborate with business units to maximise potential from community investments, leveraging client relationships and identifying revenue opportunities
- Identify and pursue relevant external platforms for leadership to enhance the profile of the bank’s community activities
- Manage the Corporate Affairs Team (small team), hierarchically and functionally, supporting the individuals in their professional development. Reach the results through the team executing the corporate communication,
- Public Affairs and CSR strategy and action plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations & corporate communication or in a related field gained from a recognized university
- In case of an alternative Master’s degree a post graduate qualifications in Public Relations/ Mass communication is required
- 7 years’ experience in corporate communication with a leading organization in Tanzania, 5 years in a managerial position
- Experience leading teams, defining and executing a Public Affairs/ Corporate Social Responsibility strategy in a large corporate organization
- Experience navigating complex organizations, including gaining access to key executives and stakeholders and successfully building relationships with functions in a matrix structure.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button abpve to apply for this job.
- NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
- “NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.