The role holder will be responsible for development and leadership of the bank’s strategic plan. This involves the execution of strategic initiatives through the development of work plans, gathering and generation of relevant data, driving analyses, and the development of actionable recommendations.
- Liaise with Executive Team in establishing KPIs that the business will measure performances against and determine the effectiveness of the implemented strategies.
- Identify the right opportunities across industry, sectors and media, that align with the bank`s ongoing strategy
- Coordinate/lead business performance review meetings including tracking of EXCO scorecards and strategic initiatives
- Develop and analyse business information including spends against approved budget, resource forecasts and tracking, process risk management, and reinforcement of organizational priorities.
- Actively participate in joint venture negotiations and/or entry into new emerging markets: due diligence, integration and accelerated capture of benefits of newly formed ventures.
- Liaise with Executive team on strategic business planning, policy development and problem solving.
- Tracking, monitoring and follow-up on the progress of projects, action items, strategies that emanate from all Committees in which the MD participates
- Participate in all major regulatory projects that have a business impact
- Leading the overall strategy process, including engaging with external consultants as required from time to time.
- Manage bank’s strategy efforts and special projects; involved with projects from start to finish; bensure successful project completion against deadlines.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficient delivery of the bank’s business model for new markets, including outsourcing and offshore opportunities.
- Develop visions and translate them into strategies and operational delivery.
- Supporting the business with development of new value propositions
- Assess tasks to ensure rapid planning and execution as the focal point for collection, analysis and dissemination of information regarding quality operations business strategies.
- Acting as the central point of reference for risk related queries for the MD’s Office
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Track record of experience managing and mentoring with high integrity and the ability to inspire others
- Experience navigating large and complex organizations, including gaining access to key executives and stakeholders and successfully managing relationship building dynamics and processes
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record of building clients and expansion of client accounts
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline; Master’s degree is preferred
- Extensive consulting experience in organizational and strategic matters with a wide range of financial services and other large organisations.
- Minimum of 10 years’ brand/marketing/communications strategy experience in integrated, brand and digital communications.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
- NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
- “NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.