Senior Manager; Wholesale Recoveries
To assess and manage troubled loans and other exposures which require a high degree of attention to minimize risks, prevent losses and restore profit through rehabilitation, restructuring and workout.
- To coordinate and control the management of all Special Assets to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified and assessed.
- Maintain and preserve Bank income streams where a turnaround can be achieved on special asset.
- Formulate action plans and strategies for all accounts adopted by the unit in order to minimize bank’s risk
- Support the Head, SAM to co-ordinate and control the management of all special assets to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified and assessed.
- Manage impairment/provisions for non-performing loans
- Manage all manner of transactions associated with the normal operations of the accounts managed by the unit.
- Manage suspended interests and provisions
- Lead, arrange and/or agree to participate in the formation of any creditors group for account managed by the unit.
- Establish partnerships with business unit and credit department leading to close collaboration and early identification of stressed assets.
- Provide professional business support aimed at resolving challenges faced by stressed clients.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of BOT regulations on risk asset management, company law and law of insolvency.
- Adequate knowledge and practice on lending policies, procedures and manuals.
- Good understanding of Banks loan products and its end to end credit process.
- Excellent business understanding of Legal Recoveries and ability to manage Collection agencies
- In-depth knowledge of bank credit policies, procedures and systems.
- Good Credit Appraisal, Restructuring Skills and Customer Relationship Skills.
- High degree of communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Leadership and Coaching skills
- Standard computer skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree or Equivalent in Commerce, Finance, Banking, Accounting, Law or any other relevant qualifications from a recognized higher learning institution
- Strong legal background is desirable
- Banking experience of more than 5 years preferably in Special Asset Management, Business Support, or Workout
- Unit in a Commercial Bank; out of which 2 should be at a managerial level.
- Asset management exposure, Legal Recoveries and Collection agencies management.
- Experience in building and developing high performance teams
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
- NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
- “NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.