Position: Data Architect
Job type: 2 years fixed contract
NMB has initiated a program to define and implement a data management regime that will set a foundation for improved data quality. The program entails designing and implementing data architecture, data models, data integration, master data management (MDM) design, reference data management (RDM) design, data quality solutions, data operations design, data warehouse and business intelligence design, data governance structure, document and content management.
The Data Architects will be responsible for the program deliverables and set foundation for the data management office (DMO).
- Identify most critical business data assets and assign data owners, stewards and other data stakeholders.
- Create enterprise data conceptual model, data asset logical models, data architecture and give technical advice to the data governance steering committee before making a decision on the data governance initiatives
- Define the data strategy for the bank; the data architect will define missions, roadmap, milestones, leadership and team structure, change management, communication and awareness strategies.
- Assess Data Impact on new Projects and change decisions; the Architects will assess and advice management on the data governance impact before approval of any new project or change initiative. They will also define framework for future assessments
- Coordinating with other domain experts, the architect will define policies, procedures, process, tools and standards for each of the eleven dimensions for data management.
- Ensure all data policies, internal and external and data rules are logged in a single portal for transparency.
Business Data Asset Projects:
- Create logical data model per data asset
- Map each data entity to the correct application (system), database, schema, table and column
- Define global data quality rules and get approval from respective data owners
- Determine data security and record management classifications for each data asset
- Create Data Dictionary/Business Glossary where each data object will be defined and shared to all lines of business to ensure there is an enterprise wide data definition on each data object
- Ensure all data assets, their fields and definitions and all data related issues are logged in a single portal for common reference
- Design the to-be data architecture, data integration, master data management architecture, reference data architecture, data operations procedures, data warehouse and business intelligence solution
- Be the subject matter expert on implementation of the data solutions
Continuous Data Governance maturing:
During and after the program closure, to do regular maturity assessments
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Ability of use Database management, Data modeling and Data visualization tools
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively train team members and other stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology or relevant field
- Data Management Body of Knowledge (DAMA DMBOK2) certification or equivalent – preferred
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- Experience in gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies
- Business Process reengineering experience
- Experience with financial industry (preferably banking)
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.