Position: Network Specialist UCs
- Maintain and support unified communication services (Data, Voice, & Video) that meets and exceeds business and customers’ expectations (availability, performance, security and continuous improvement).
- Responsible for different IP Telephony enhancement, Presentations, Boardroom AV facilities, advanced troubleshooting and day-to-day optimizations and support of the entire bank’s Unified Communications infrastructure.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all Unified Communication hardware and equipment (routers, switches, servers, TV screens, collaboration endpoints etc.) for the NMB Head Office users, contact center and branch users
- Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on unified communication products, services, protocols, and standards in support of user experience continuous improvements.
- Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports
- Consult with the management and design access policy for the acceptable use of the unified communications services which apply to everyone
- Prepare and maintain spare part lists, monitor inventory and ensure that all the critical parts for unified communications systems is always available for fault repair and emergency requirements for respective zones/branches/HQ Networks.
- Prepare and maintain entire bank’s UCS infrastructure documentation, and update it regularly to accommodate any change for both Active & Passive devices
- Review and Support unified communications enhancement of the existing infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software)
- Planning, Development, Implementation and supervision of major UCS projects
- Custodian of UCS hardware (data, voice and video) and configuration items (CI’s) within the bank
- Supplier Service Contract review and SLA enforcement Management as well as bills validation and reconciliation
- Work with contact center and vendor technical teams to prospect and develop Cisco Unified Communications design, installation, and support opportunities
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP & Contact center systems and configurations installations as necessary.
- Knowledge of bank’s products and operations
- Advanced knowledge of the Network Support and troubleshooting
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise technologies
- Strong knowledge of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation
- Knowledge of audio and video conferencing backend systems, Cisco TMS, voice gateways, Cisco MCU, Content Servers, VCS controller and VCS expressway
- Knowledge of video conferencing protocols, communications and standards, H.323, SIP, E.164, required.
Strong planning and organizing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, pleasantly and confidently with staff and external organizations both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision and work under pressure.
- Must be committed to self-development and be enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies
- Ability to manage network service providers, vendors, contractors, and others.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Diploma/Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related academic field
- Must have valid CCNP certification
- Other Network Professional certifications are an added advantage
- 3+ years of Cisco technical experience, including design, implementation and support of Cisco Unified Communications solutions.
- Hands on experience in basic ACD and IVR solutions
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.