Job Title: Senior Manager, Retail Recovery
Responsible for coordination and implementation of the restructuring and recovery activities for all non-performing loans (NPL) products of the bank and to provide special attention and support to stressed relationships to ensure proper co-ordination and control of all special assets to prevent losses, maximize recoveries and restore profits through rehabilitation, restructuring, work-out and direct recovery.
- Assist the Head; SAM to Initiate and develop restructuring and recovery strategies towards reduction of non-performing loans (NPL) levels as targeted by bank’s management.
- Management of all Special Assets to ensure credit and other risks are properly identified and assessed.
- Provide professional judgment to ensure proper impairment level/provisions is taken consistent with BOT/IFRS regulations/guidelines and the bank’s internal policy.
- Develop general framework for collections and recoveries of all bank’s loan products.
- Coordinate and manage all of the bank’s appointed external agencies (debt collectors, auctioneers, receiver manager etc.) and other third party vendors.
- To supervise and coordinate preparation/submission of statutory and regulatory reports to BOT.
- Provide professional business support to resolve challenges faced by stressed clients.
- Initiate loan write-off and abandonment in accordance with BOT regulations and provide recommendation for Board approval.
- Presentation of SAM strategy on case by case to Management Credit Committee and Board Credit Committee for approval.
- Assist Head; SAM to review and recommending for releases/reinstating of provision and interest in suspense for CREDCO approval.
- Implement guidelines to ensure early identification and management of SAM names for improvement of risk management in the bank.
- Oversee quarterly credit portfolio review and monthly review of loan portfolio quality report and make recommendations for corrective measures.
- Manage monthly capacity planning process and flag any resource requirements to the Head ; SAM.
- Provide on-going feedback to Head of SAM for improvement and changes in product features (target market, terms and conditions, etc.) which can help Credit Policy to upgrade/ repair the damaged portfolio.
- Good knowledge of BOT regulations on risk asset management, company law and law of insolvency.
- Adequate knowledge and practice on lending policies, procedures and manuals.
- Good understanding of Banks loan products and its end to end credit process.
- Good knowledge of bank credit policies, procedures and systems.
- Good Credit Appraisal, Restructuring Skills and Customer Relationship Skills.
- High degree of communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Leadership and Coaching skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Standard computer skills.
- Good skills on Performance Management and effective risk management and be able to promote strong risk management culture.
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a University Degree or equivalent qualification in Banking, Finance, Commerce (Accounting)/Economics or equivalent qualifications from recognized higher learning institution
- Holder of professional certificate in Risk Asset Management will be an added advantage.
- Banking experience of more than 5 years preferably in Special Asset Management/Business Support or Workout Unit in a Commercial Bank
- Experience on risk asset management especially on loan classification, provision, write-off and problem solving.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.