North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one (01) ERT Officer to join ERT Team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned ERT tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and tradesman Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The ERT Officer will report to the First Line Leader ERT. This is a permanent contract role.
- Ensure total compliance/adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Follow work schedule to maximize efficiency, taking into consideration roles and responsibilities cooperation with other team members.
- Respond to incidents, including natural disasters (Fire, Underground and Water Rescue) and assess the situation to determine the level of response required and Assist with any other accident/incident onsite and offsite.
- Identify all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within ERT training and real emergency.
100% to all fire inspection and rescue, i.e. Ensure fire extinguishers are properly hanged, expiry dates monitored, safety pins are fixed, and seals are not broken.
- Contribute and support on the weekly training.
- To make sure, there is no any hazards on the airstrip to make sure the land and takeoff happen on time acceding to the timetable.
- Training of Emergency Response team members.
- Lead the Emergency Response team to the rescue event.
- Provide basic training related to Evacuation Plan, emergency exits, PPEs to employees, contract workers and suppliers.
- Act as duty officer as part of a 24-hour duty system, responding to emergency situations as they arise
- Perform and related duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
- Fire Warden Rescue training from recognized institute in Tanzania.
- Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety
- Industrial Fire Training
- Rescue Certificate III (BG 4, Fire Rescue, Rope Rescue and Road Crash).
- Shore Water Rescue from a recognized Institution.
- Evidence on heat tolerance and workload training for consecutive three (3) years.
First Aid (Level 1-3).
- Rope Rescue, Vehicle Rescue, Hazmat, SCBA, and Fire Fighting.
- Environmental Policy Awareness.
- Mines Health & Safety Act regulation Awareness.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Underground and Open Pit Mine.
- Valid Tanzania Driving license.
- Experience on attending Aviation Activities.
- Three (3) Years’ experience in Water Body Rescue.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer skills – word, excel, Outlook.
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili.
- Be able to lead and training the team
- Light Vehicle License.
- Resilience and resourcefulness.
- Be able to write detailed reports and analysis.
- Hold employees accountable.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking ability.
- Team Leadership.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “ERT OFFICER” in the subject of your email
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 19th September 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.
About North Mara Gold Mine / Barrick