Technical and Capital Officer
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one Technical and Capital Officer to join Supply Chain team. The Successful candidate for this position will ensure that all mine purchases meet the necessary technical specifications and quality, identify, recommend source of supply for stock, non-stock and capital items, advise supply chain team related to all technical requirements and to ensure that company objectives and legislative compliances are met at the required work performance standard and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Reporting to: Warehouse Superintendent
Contract Duration: Permanent
- Develop and manage demand plan for capital material and equipment requirement, in collaboration with the capital team by project.
- Evaluate all once off engineering/capital item RFQs to ensure that there is no similar item and to establish if it should be a stock item.
- Evaluate RFQs raised by end users for once off items and identify source.
- Interact with potential suppliers to correctly specify the item and finalize the item specification through and iterative process with the supplier/s.
- Document all necessary information (refer to item creation Procedure) that will clearly define the specification for the buying house with the recommended supplier.
- Ensure the appropriate evaluation of a new supplier has taken place prior placing the RFQ with the Supply Partner.
- Expedite all non-stock technical items and ensure appropriate quality control.
- Undertake review role for all changes proposed to existing stock items or new items by end users to ensure that there is a cost benefit and that there is a phase out plan.
- On receipt of once off engineering/capital items ensure that the item complies with specification and release for to the end user.
- Investigate all non-conformances relating to Engineering and Capital items (whether stock or once off), and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Maintain all information related to the non-stock items on the ERP system.
- Advise on proper long-term maintenance procedures for technical stock items.
- Audit items in capital yard.
- Ensure quality control is applied for all items when purchased by purchasing department.
- All critical, strategic and insurance items to be identified and physically checked that it comply and is operational and stored correctly in the warehouse.
- Daily site clarifications with the buyers.
- Assist all Engineering staff on spares issues from Supply Chain.
- Check all new items arriving and make a mental note on critical spares arrived.
- Check the 0 in stock items and push the buyers for the ETA to site.
- Address discrepancy in time with TCL.
- Go through the MRP with Inventory control team and give comments if needed.
- Do master data clean-up specially in the basic text for more information.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent relevant trade qualification from a recognized institution.
- A Mechanical Trade Certification is highly desired.
- Qualified artisan with at least 10 years’ experience in a mining or related environment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to prioritize work on own initiative.
- Networking skills.
- Understanding of maintenance management systems.
- Able to identify which items is critical and should be-kept by using his technical experience.
- Technical knowledge of process plant equipment, U/G mining equipment and HME mobile equipment.
- Technical qualifications in mechanical and electrical fields and have to have a few years working experience in Goldmines.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject)
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 25th July, 2021.
About North Mara Gold Mine Limited
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
If you are not contacted by Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.