NutriGroup Tanzania Limited
Human Resources | Dar es Salaam, Tanzania | Full Time
NutriGroup Tanzania Ltd is a subsidiary of BlackIvy LLC that mills and manufactures animal feed serving Tanzania’s growing poultry industry. BlackIvy LLC is headquartered in Washington D.C. with anchoring businesses in Ghana, Kenya and Tanzania, and is a values-driven company that builds, operates and scales subsidiaries in essential sectors in Africa to meet demand in rapidly-expanding economies.
At BlackIvy and NutriGroup we are building a global, multicultural company and our commitment to diversity and internationalism is part of everything we do.
Decisions at BlackIvy and NutriGroup are grounded in our core values of imagination, relentlessness, courage, forthrightness, partnership and humility.
In addition to cash compensation commensurate with experience, we provide a leave and benefits program including healthcare, life insurance, and retirement savings program.
- You are an experienced HR Business Partner ready to lead our human resources operations in our growing Tanzania-based businesses.
- You live in and have work authorization for Tanzania. Your 7+ years of work experience include:
- College degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Significant experience working in a full-service human resources department resolving complex employee relations issues, including at least two years experience serving as the onsite business partner to one large or multiple smaller business units in Tanzania.
- Working knowledge of all human resource disciplines, including recruitment, on-boarding, compliance, compensation and benefit practices, employee relations, career development and performance management.
- Working knowledge of Tanzanian labor laws and workplace compliance.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and a great listener.
- Strong results orientation with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, and employee relations for a wide variety of staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
- Exceptional communication skills and record of internal customer service.
- Proficient with HRIS platforms and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in warehouse, logistics, or other supply chain business with seasonal employment is a plus.
ABOUT THE JOB
Based in Dar es Salaam and reporting to BlackIvy’s US-based Chief People Person, the HR Manager in NutriGroup serves as a trusted advisor to team members and managers on a variety of human resources topics. This individual will act as a champion and change agent for HR initiatives. Must establish strong partnerships to deliver high value service to management and team members. This role must also maintain an effective level of business literacy about the company’s financial position, its strategic plans, its culture and its competition.
Supported by the Chief People Person, the HR Manager handles the full scope of HR responsibilities including:
Delivers programs in alignment with our core values with a relentless commitment to good governance and ethical business practices
Builds and sustains collaborative relationships and trust at all levels of an organization acting in as a trusted neutral ombudsman between staff and management
Understands the needs of the business
Keeps up to date with and ensures subsidiary compliance with all local and national labor laws
Monitors and supports required safety programs, training, and reporting
Keeps compliant records and provides required compliance reporting as needed
Talent Acquisition and Management:
Leads recruitment effort: creating job descriptions, posting jobs, finding and on-boarding and orientations for new employees
Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning
Supports internal training and development programs
Benefits and Leave Programs:
Administers all benefit, retirement savings, and leave programs
Communicates and provides support to employees and managers for key processes related to benefits and leave programs
In collaboration with senior leaders, provides advice, assistance, and follow up on company HR policies, procedures, and documentation
In partnership with managers supervisors helps teams and individuals develop goals, objectives and feedback loops
Provides advice and counsel to managers and team members to resolve employee related questions or issues.
Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
Maintains human resource information system records, confidential and functional files
Tracks and manages required certifications and trainings
Coordinates employment on-boarding and departures.
Provides monthly reporting for business units (tracking new hires/departing employees/pay changes, and other HR metrics)
Responsible for initiating and documenting payroll actions and providing support for payroll as needed
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About NutriGroup Tanzania Limited