Contract type: Full time, fixed term up to August 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Friday, 24 May, 2019
We’re seeking an experienced individual who will successfully lead the implementation of strategies to increase government investments in sexual reproductive health in Tanzania & contribute to overall national ownership goals. S/he will work in close collaboration with national & local government counterparts, consortium partners, &enable us to achieve above & beyond key performance indicators.
- The Health Financing Advisor is responsible for designing, leading and coordinating the implementation of strategies to increase government investments in SRH in Tanzania and contribute to the overall national ownership goals. S/he works in close collaboration with national and local government counterparts, consortium partners, and is responsible for the achievement of the quarterly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and logframe indicators relating to domestic financing for Tanzania.
- To succeed in this role, you will have:
- At least a Master’s Degree in public health, health economics, health management or a related field.
- At least ten years’ work experience in a highly competitive and busy work environment, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance for health.
- A solid understanding of Public Financial Management (PFM) including annual budget cycles,
- Medium Term Expenditure Frameworks (MTEFs) and the principles of transparency and accountability, particularly health budget tracking and advocacy.
- Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
- See the full Job Description for more details here=> JD: Health Financing Advisor, Tanzania
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Tanzania-HF Advisor–WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date: 24th May, 2019. Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
Options will remove the published advert once a suitable candidate is recruited.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Tanzania.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
About Options Organisation
Options is an international development consultancy organisation working in the health sector to transform the health of women and girls in developing countries. We work in partnership with governments, health workers, civil society and businesses to bring together knowledge, expertise and influence to ensure everyone has access to the health care they need.