Contract type: Short-term consultancy
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We are recruiting an experienced consultant to lead and facilitate the delivery of a Political Economy Analysis on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Family Planning (SRH/FP) in Tanzania. The results of the PEA aim to inform the WISH programme interventions and support the delivery of the programme of WISH consortium partners MSI/IPPF.
- The Consultant will lead and facilitate the delivery of a Political Economy Analysis (PEA) on a specific family planning financing and planning issues in Tanzania. The aim of the PEA will be to inform the WISH programme interventions that will be led across the consortium.The PEA will be problem-driven, and the specific question will be pre-determined by the Options Regional or National Team.
- The Consultant will work closely with the local partner’s team in one of the named WISH countries above and use predetermined qualitative methodologies to engage relevant stakeholders and decision makers in the political analysis. S/he will receive technical support and tailored facilitation materials from Options’ London based team to bring together these analyses into an applicable PEA.
- To succeed in this role, you will:
- Have a master’s in Public Policy, Political Science or a related field
- Significant experience using qualitative methodologies with a range of different stakeholders
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in advocacy and/or strengthening policy and legislation
- Knowledge of Political Economy Analysis and related frameworks and approaches e.g. Gender
- Analysis and Theory of Change
- See the full Job Description for more details here=> JD: PEA Consultant, Tanzania
- To apply, please send your CV with a supporting statement of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh, Programme Manager.
- Candidates should state the role (PEA- Tanzania -WISH Lot 2) in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 22 May 2019. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Applications shall to include a full CV and supporting statement.
- This is a consultancy contract. Salary will be daily, to be stated in local currency in the supporting statement – this will be negotiated and commensurate to candidate’s experience.
- Options is an equal opportunities employer.
- Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Tanzania
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
About Options Organisation
Options is an international development consultancy organisation working in the health sector to transform the health of women and girls in developing countries. We work in partnership with governments, health workers, civil society and businesses to bring together knowledge, expertise and influence to ensure everyone has access to the health care they need.