Palladium is currently seeking a Project Manager, Tanzania to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the Makole Model as a change management approach to improve productivity and the quality of services at health facilities. The model combines data from existing quality improvement and quality assurance (QI/QA) platforms with data from other systems to improve institutional performance and health outcomes. Data.FI will support data management and use and will be guided by a technical advisory group composed of experts from USAID, PORALG and UNICEF.
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Sr. Systems Architect, the Project Manager will manage the software development team in order to ensure that deliverables are on time, on budget, meet or exceed client expectations, and uphold industry technical standards.
This position is based in Dar or Dodoma, Tanzania, final location TBD. The initial position term is 6 months, with an extension for up to 3 years, depending on funding.
- Manage the software development life cycles, serving as the focal point for all activities in order to ensure that deliverables are on time, on budget, meet or exceed client expectations, and uphold industry technical standards.
- Provide estimates for development efforts including plans for delegating development tasks, monitoring of development to ensure visibility, efficiency and predictability
- Ensure that the development implementation follows software development best practices.
- Establish a routine tracking system and facilitate regular agile team reviews for software design components including coding, code documentation, unit testing, and debugging.
- Establish routine stand-up meetings with technology team to track progress
- Break workplans down into sprints and work with developers to assign resources to sprints and be accountable for commitments
- Participate in regular project management and budgeting activities, in addition to any other activities as assigned by the Sr. Systems Architect.
- Lead the development of systems administration guidance documentation
- In support of the Senior Systems Architect, keep architecture, vision and roadmap of analytics platform documented and up to date for every version update
- At least ten years of professional experience in informatics or related field. This should include at least five years specialized experience in product management, including business analysis and requirements engineering.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent (Advanced Degree preferred; relevant experience may be substituted).
- At least five years of experience managing a team and software throughout the development lifecycle in an Agile development environment
- Ability to take direction to iteratively define and implement solution as requirements are being identified and finalized.
- Experience performing systems analysis for systems that cross multiple components and impact multiple systems.
- Experience managing software projects using tools to facilitate the DevOps process such as Trello, Jira or Microsoft DevOps.
- Possess technical writing skills and ability to review work products such as: Use Cases, Detailed Functional Requirements,
- Detailed Design Specifications, and Software Requirement Specifications.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced, technically challenging environment.
- Excellent leadership, management, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills (Email, Skype, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting).
PMP certification preferred
- Experience working within health informatics on behalf of government health departments or donor-funded projects preferred
- Ability to travel 30% within Tanzania
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Swahili preferred
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management, HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce Is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to Join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.