Website PSI Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a not for profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people. MDH (Sub recipient) in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) through USAID BORESHA AFYA SOUTHERN ZONE PROGRAM seeks to recruit a qualified individual to fill the following positions:
Jobs: PMTCT/EID Advisors – 3 posts
Location: MOROGORO, IRINGA AND NJOMBE
Reports to: REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER.
The PMTCT/EID Advisor is a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for providing oversight to PMTCT/EID programs activities with the different partners including the project sites. His/her main objective is to provide the technical performance of the USAID BORESHA AFYA Southern Zone supported PMTCT/EID in the respective region. She/he will responsible to the Regional Technical Manager and will work in close collaboration with the relevant regional and district level health management teams and other USAID BORESHA AFYA Southern Zone regional team members.
- Responsible for ensuring that USAID BORESHA AFYA Southern Zone supported sites meet national standard for PMTCT-Option B+/EID, and maternal health improvement initiatives through implementation of different planned activities.
- Ensures that project supported sites implement integrated and comprehensive package of PMTCT-Option B+/EID services at all levels through various activities.
- Support the capacity building activities through the following: –
Conduct various trainings related to maternal and child health improving initiatives including PMTCT and EID services
Collaborate with R/CHMTs to identify training needs for sites, districts and regional personnel and organize trainings for site level staff using currently recommended national curriculums
Collaborate with regional and district CHMT to develop a mentorship program for facility staff work in CTC, RCHs clinics and OPD/IPD departments
- Work with R/CHMT to ensure that supported facilities implement integrated and comprehensive package of PMTCT/EID services at all levels through:
Participation in supportive supervision with regional and district teams
Participate in capacity building and implementation of the national guidelines and tools for PMTCT/EID services
Be responsible with the achievements program targets for PMTCT/EID services
Strengthen systems for M&E of PMTCT/EID (paper tool and/or software) are available and properly used at all supported sites
- Identify, capacity build and effectively engage key community resource persons-including CSOs, mother peers-to accelerate tracking of missing PMTCT and EID clients.
- Collaborates closely with M&E and Data
- Management departments in assuring quality data and reporting and using M&E for effective program management
- Prepare timely quarterly, semiannually and annually narrative reports
- Identify, document, scale-up and disseminate best practices and lessons learned in PMTCT/EID services and overall project implementation.
- To organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate project progress towards assigned targets.
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives through: –
Mentoring of health facility teams to build local capacity for CQI activities
Assist facility teams to understand flow chart and process analysis for systems improvement
Monitor, track and collect periodic data/reports from health facilities and provides guidance and recommendations related to tracked indicators and outcomes; ensuring proper and timely documentation of QI activities and results
- Perform any other work related duty as given by line manager
Requirements: Experience, educational and professional qualifications
a) Advanced Diploma or Basic degree in Medicine or Nursing. Post graduate qualification in Public Health or other related field will be an advantage.
b) Technical expertise in PMTCT and EID services
c) At least 3 years’ experience in managing HIV Programs
d) Demonstrate understanding of the Tanzania Health System and policy environment
e) Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Applications should be submitted by 27th May 2018 to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH’s Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.