Around the globe, RTI brings together private- and public-sector stakeholders to manage natural resources and promote sustainable livelihoods while conserving unique biodiversity. By enhancing institutions, policy, and technical capacity, we strengthen natural resource management in protected areas and their surrounding environments. We work with governments, communities, and key stakeholders interested in applying data-driven conservation and biodiversity management approaches.
RTI is currently partnering on nearly 30 projects in Africa, including multiple activities focused on policy, public health, and education in Tanzania. Our current USAID-funded PROTECT project partners with wildlife, conservation, and tourism
We are currently accepting CVs/resumes for experts with the following skills
organizations in Tanzania to address threats to biodiversity conservation and private sector-led tourism growth. To build on these efforts, RTI is currently seeking professionals with expertise in natural resource management that promotes economic sustainability for communities while also promoting biodiversity conservation in Tanzania. Candidates should be fluent in English.
- Sustainable natural resources management
- Community based natural resources management
- Conservation enterprises
- Sustainable tourism practices
- Human Wildlife Conflict
- Buffer zone and corridor conservation and management
- Private sector engagement and development
- Land use plans and community engagement
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building
- Alternative livelihoods and income generation for conservation programs
- Youth and gender inclusion
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning & GIS
- Grants & contracts management
- Communications & conservation journalism
- Tanzania Eastern Afromontane and the Coastal Forests experience
- Forestry & Forest conservation
- Combatting wildlife trafficking and wildlife crime
- Experts should possess at least 6 years of relevant experience. Experience with donor funded projects such as USAID, World Bank, DFID preferred. English language CVs preferred. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.