Command and Staff Operations Trainer (GPOI)
SAIC is seeking Command and Staff Operations Trainers for work in various African countries partnered with the US State Department’s GPOI (Global Peace Operations Initiative) training program. GPOI has absorbed the Africa Contingency Operations Training and Assistance (ACOTA) program. GPOI manages the program under the Department of State’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs in collaboration with the Bureau of African Affairs/Security Assistance (AF/SA). The program provides mentoring, advising, and training support and assistance to Host Nation (HN) training centers, their cadre, and units (company to brigade size and including multi-national force headquarters) in training for peacekeeping missions. This training may include extensive field training as well as training, equipment and infrastructure support for the training center and its staff and instructors.
Positions are located in English and non-English speaking countries.
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Mentor, advise, assist, and/or train Host Nation military personnel in a variety of military skills to include commanders and staffs in PSO command and staff operations skills and procedures.
- Develop POIs, lesson plans, and training support packages for directed staff training
- Support the preparation of partner country battalions and brigades for PSO deployments
- Focus on operations center organization and operations, staff functions, Intelligence Preparation of the Area of
- Operations (IPAO), and the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)
- Ensure all training scenarios are based on the most current mission area information
- Provide training involving classroom instruction and hands on assistance in Peace Support Operation (PSO) based Command Post Exercises.
- Conduct training in the training language of the Host Nation Military.
- AA/AS Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years military operations and training experience (Experience can be military, civilian, or contractor, or a combination of the three)
- Subject matter expert in at least one (1) Combat Arms, Combat Support, or Combat Service Support
- Staff experience at battalion or brigade level
- Have a unique blend of skills, experience, and knowledge that will allow individual to best support the goals and tasks
- Familiar with standard military training concepts, practices, and procedures.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.