Schlumberger is seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to join the Schlumberger regional annex team. Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will be highly motivated with significant experience within related operational industry. The commercial manager’s main roles include the financial management of projects, negotiating and agreeing contracts and verifying employee performance. The Commercial Manager would be responsible for providing timely, commercially focused, high quality advice and work product that adds value to each of the business units and the overall Schlumberger Group. You will build, maintain and lead a capable team to provide best practice and commercially astute services across a wide range of commercial and general activities. You will provide services to operational managers to assist them to optimize the site’s operating expenditure and capital expenditure by providing and utilizing business information and reporting, financial accounting systems, Schlumberger management information systems, procurement and inventory management.
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Providing independent, commercially focused and solution driven advice to the Executive General Manager across a broad range of commercial matters;
• Develop and drive Commercial strategies to support the achievement of the business plan.
• Drafting or reviewing commercial proposals and their analysis;
• Drafting, reviewing and assisting in negotiating a broad range of contracts including project contracts and general corporate documentation;
• Providing strategic advice on business and contract administration;
• Providing commercially driven advice and drafting relevant documentation and financial models;
• Assisting to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements;
• Assisting with the management of the Group’s insurance program;
• Assisting the Finance Department in the proactive management of debt recovery matters;
• Active participation in the Wagner Corporation business, finance and administration teams.
• Identifying and providing new commercial opportunities and advice
• Provide commercial supervision and oversight of business improvement projects
• Work with customers and Sales team to improve the profitability of inventory levels
• Coach, train and mentor all operational, administration and commercial staff
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Tertiary qualification in economics, finance, commerce, accounting, supply Chain, business, management, marketing, engineering, law or a related field is required.
• A minimum of 4-5 years post qualification experience, preferably with strong corporate experience; strong commercial, new business / account management background.
• Demonstrated experience in development and control of large budgets and expenditure. Experience driving continuous improvement initiatives and best practice within your department and the broader business.
• Demonstrated experience leading a team of professionals to deliver against set targets.
• Ability to build credibility, lead change and influence operational management.
• Experience making commercial decisions that lead to successful outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
• Ability to review and identify risks in commercial contracts and provided feedback your internal stakeholders and commercial client.
• An enthusiasm to challenge the status quo, whilst using your inquisitive nature and discretion to identify commercial opportunities for improvement and development.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong commercial acumen and business understanding. Ability to manage both internal and customer relationships.
• A well-developed understanding of market engagement practices, market drivers, government requirements, policies and processes
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We are also a leading employer in the oilfield sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 170 nationalities bring. We employ over 82,000 people and work in more than 120 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. We are built on leadership, science and innovation. Our ambition is to always extend the technical limits of our industry. We encourage the brightest minds to explore new ideas, challenge conventions, and drive true innovation. We have always strived to create a culture of meritocracy and belonging, where we encourage every member of our global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to our continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth.