Schlumberger has an urgent opening for a Financial Analyst role in the Finance and Accounting team. The Financial Analyst is responsible for the general accounting for a particular business or geographic territory. Must ensure that transactions impacting financial reports are properly monitored, controlled and posted to the general ledger in the proper period. This person provides assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements. The Financial Analyst will be a hands-on all-rounder with an Accounting or Finance background who is willing to assist in a wide range of analytical and administration aspects of the Schlumberger Financial unit. Business-partnering opportunities will be on offer in areas such as management accounting, financial reporting, cost control, accounts payable/receivable management and accounting processes/controls.
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Perform general ledger accounting. Validate accounting by outsourced organizations, including pre-paid, accruals and allocations. Perform complex transactions.
• Perform cost center and profit center accounting. Validate accuracy of posting to appropriate cost centers, and request setup, creation and closure of controlling master data objects to meet business insight needs.
• Develop financial models and complete trend and comparative analysis, to craft business decisions.
• Perform project accounting. Create new projects and set up settlement rules, perform period-end settlements and review projects’ closure.
• Perform intercompany accounting. Administer and submit intercompany cost recharges as they originate in the normal course of business.
• Provide detailed review and variance analysis of other non-direct resource categories such as Transportation and Mobilization, Lease and Rent and Office and Camp.
• Communicate and work closely with the GeoUnit Shared Services Organization to investigate and understand negative cost trends.
• Prepare balance sheet notes. Validate balance sheet reconciliations and clear open items by outsourced organizations. Certify completeness of balance sheet notes.
• Assist with financial planning, forecasting and monitoring of results versus objectives
• Participate in Internal Audit assignments and support fraud investigations.
• Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• HND, BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Minimum HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics).
• Masters’ degree, or a higher qualification, in Finance, Business, Statistics, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or equivalent.
• Professional Accounting Qualification is an asset (CA, ACCA or CPA)
• At least 3-5 years’ relevant professional experience
• Must have related accounting or financial experience.
• Strong accounting and financial modeling skills in a multi divisional portfolio.
• Knowledge of SAP, Blackline or Power BI is preferable
• Digital mindset, AI and ML experience using data visualization reporting tools
• Ambition, self-driven put skills in action & Strong Microsoft excel skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines, willing to learn new skills
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written. Experience giving presentations and communicating and interacting with a broad range of audiences
• Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, good business intuition
• Strong team player; proven ability to work as part of a team.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We are also a leading employer in the oilfield sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 170 nationalities bring. We employ over 82,000 people and work in more than 120 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. We are built on leadership, science and innovation. Our ambition is to always extend the technical limits of our industry. We encourage the brightest minds to explore new ideas, challenge conventions, and drive true innovation. We have always strived to create a culture of meritocracy and belonging, where we encourage every member of our global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to our continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth.