We are looking for a HSE Manager to join the Schlumberger regional annex team. You will be responsible for HSE by implementing Integrated Management Systems, including HSE best practices, in line with company procedures. The successful candidate will also be responsible for coordinating the implementation of programs to assure HSEQ management actions involve employee awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid, and protect employees from hazards in the workplace. The ideal candidate for this position will have a working knowledge of environmental and safety practices applicable in a manufacturing setting. As Health, Safety and Specialist, you will be ensuring the well-being of our workforce and compliance of HSE on-site. You will build relationships with cross-functional teams and customers to ensure requirements are met. You will provide solutions and help to develop your team and continuous improvement of our HSE.
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Conducting HSE audits, inspections and evaluations to detect existing or potential accident and hazards and to determine preventative measures.
• Providing support to manufacturing facilities for investigations, developing improvements, corrective action plans and follow-up initiatives.
• Serving as the facility technical program and trainer for HSE disciplines to coach employees in work-safety practice.
• Determining necessary compliance and maintaining policies and programs to ensure changes are implemented in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Supporting management through championing and implementing safety programs to reduce workplace hazards.
• Partnering with Risk Management to ensure Workers Compensation claims, including providing reviews of treatment plans to ensure optimal recovery.
• Carrying out risk assessments and preventive/corrective measures, as well as communication to the departments involved.
• Drawing up and/or maintaining the necessary documentation to guarantee compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements in terms of occupational risk prevention.
• Advising the company’s management and middle management on compliance with legal requirements in terms of prevention and equality. Continuous updating of safety procedures in accordance with regulatory changes.
• Taking responsibility for the management of the Occupational Risk Prevention system and its adaptation to regulatory changes.
• Ensures contract complies with ISO certification requirements and facilitates audit requirements as per the regional requirements.
• Records, reports and analyses HSEQ performance metrics including both leading and lagging indicators.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HSE Management, or related scientific or technical field such as biology, chemistry, or engineering. Recognized HSE certifications with experience in HSE or a related field.
• Minimum 3 years of direct experience in environmental, health & safety management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact with multiple layers of an organization
• Well-developed planning and organizational skills including the ability to work independently, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time.
• Strong understanding of safety and environmental risks found in a manufacturing facility
• Basic knowledge of OSHA regulatory requirements
• Able to handle difficult conversations with regulators and coworkers with professionalism.
• Have a thorough understanding of HSE regulations and regulatory process gained from a manufacturing or process plant environment
• Be familiar with waste handling requirements, hazard communication standards, risk identification and mitigation
• Demonstrate excellent leadership and presentation skills including communicating complex technical content to a range of audiences.
• Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in HSE Management Systems, Auditing and Root Cause investigation techniques
• Be able to mentor, manage and facilitate safety champions program within manufacturing locations.
• Be a motivated self-starter that promotes teamwork and collaboration in a cross-functional environment.
• Knowledge of ISO safety, quality and environmental standards preferred but not mandatory.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We are also a leading employer in the oilfield sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 170 nationalities bring. We employ over 82,000 people and work in more than 120 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. We are built on leadership, science and innovation. Our ambition is to always extend the technical limits of our industry. We encourage the brightest minds to explore new ideas, challenge conventions, and drive true innovation. We have always strived to create a culture of meritocracy and belonging, where we encourage every member of our global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to our continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth.