Schlumberger has an urgent opening for a Manufacturing Engineer role in the Engineering team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for accelerating the capabilities of the Manufacturing plant ensuring safety is number one, machines are reliable, and improvements are made. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the development, evaluation, and improvement of manufacturing methods. Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams. This role is crucial and critical to scaling of the Company brand promise of ‘Delighting the Customer’.
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Consult with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Work closely with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
• Responsible for the engineering design and maintenance of process instrumentation.
• Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential. Work with procurement to reduce overhead costs and improve material availability.
• Troubleshoot processes and solve problems with Electrical/Mechanical components to ensure continuous production.
• Assist in training the workforce on manufacturing processes and process improvements.
• Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean, such as: standardized work instructions, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen/5S
• Implement process improvements to achieve manufacturing excellence in areas such as process yield (e.g. First Pass Yield, Rolled Throughput Yield), cycle time reduction and productivity.
• Provide shop floor feedback on product design and manufacturability issues to Engineering and DFMs (e.g. through the use of Engineering Change Requests – ECRs).
• Review and sign-off on Engineering Change Orders that impact Inventory – including product life cycle issues, obsolescence, etc.
• Creates, implements, and monitors key performance indicators and metrics on manufacturing process capability and product quality.
• Responsible to assist with investigation, root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for manufacturing quality issues.
Minimum Job Qualifications
• Minimum BS/ MS in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred).
• 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing type environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of product lines, manufacturing processes and customer technology.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications desired.
• Knowledge of stress analysis and mechanical apparatus design PC skills and working knowledge of engineering software packages such as AUTOCAD and Math CAD.
• Good working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, and stress analysis.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels.
• Ability to work extended hours when needed; SAP experience highly preferred.
• Materials engineering experience, with ability to identify manufacturing process effects on material properties.
• A strong understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes and the safety risks involved.
• Experience in operational excellence such as lean thinking, six sigma and theory of constraints.
• Experience with maintaining manufacturing machinery and a thorough understanding of TPM’s.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We are also a leading employer in the oilfield sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 170 nationalities bring. We employ over 82,000 people and work in more than 120 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. We are built on leadership, science and innovation. Our ambition is to always extend the technical limits of our industry. We encourage the brightest minds to explore new ideas, challenge conventions, and drive true innovation. We have always strived to create a culture of meritocracy and belonging, where we encourage every member of our global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to our continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth.