Schlumberger has an urgent opening for a Mining Engineer role in the Engineering team. Reporting to the Senior Engineer – Mine Production, this position is focused on providing support to the operations teams to deliver against physical plans and strategic objectives by providing timely and workable short term mine production schedules and drill and blast planning. You will join a team responsible for ensuring plans and designs are prepared and approved in a timely manner to maintain continuity of safe production. Utilizing your experience, you will generate pit/stop and drill/blast designs to achieve operational targets in compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements. You will work closely with, and provide support to the Senior Mining Engineer and operational teams to safely achieve mining department goals and objectives.
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with, and provide support to the Senior Mining Engineer and operational teams to safely achieve mining department goals and objectives.
• Prepare & communicate Dragline designs and schedules;
• Develop and follow the Production Planning standards and processes;
• Maintain path compliance for delivery of budget performance metrics
• Participate in the investigation of reported events & training for Production Planning
• Identify and implement Production Planning improvement initiatives;
• Identifying improvement initiatives and threats to the plan
• Build cross-functional relationship with the Operational sub-functions and interact extensively with the Planning sub-functions.
• Generate pit/stope and drill/blast designs to achieve operational targets in compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements
• Collaborating with other departments to produce safe, efficient, and practical mine plans
• Ensure implementation and compliance of the Weekly Plan and site Safety, Health and Environmental standards to ensure safe and sustainable mine standards.
• Leading and participating in operational incident investigations and risk assessments
• Provide information to relevant staff to assist in the End of Month reporting requirements.
• Coordinate plans and schedules and monitoring of actual progress with benchmarks.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Mining Engineering or similar
• A minimum of five years’ experience in open pit and/or underground operations with extensive experience using mining software packages.
• Prior experience working as a mining engineer on an operational open-cut mine
• Proficient in MS Office and mine design, planning and scheduling packages;
• Planning, design and scheduling skills
• Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently or in small to medium teams.
• Experience in large scale open stopping underground mining operations.
• Sound understanding of underground drill and blast, mine production and development methods, mine scheduling and ventilation.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to contribute and work effectively in a team.
• Ability to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We are also a leading employer in the oilfield sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 170 nationalities bring. We employ over 82,000 people and work in more than 120 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. We are built on leadership, science and innovation. Our ambition is to always extend the technical limits of our industry. We encourage the brightest minds to explore new ideas, challenge conventions, and drive true innovation. We have always strived to create a culture of meritocracy and belonging, where we encourage every member of our global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to our continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth.