Schlumberger is currently seeking to hire for the position of occupational Health Nurse. Reports to senior HSE employee at project or work site. Under general supervision, applies nursing principles directed toward conserving the health of workers and maintaining a safe and healthful environment in an occupational setting. Ensure all accidents, incidents, near misses and non-conformances are correctly reported, investigated and corrective actions identified. The primary focus is on promotion, protection and restoration of workers health within the context of a safe and healthy work environment.
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Role & Responsibilities:
• To provide the highest standard of Primary Health Nursing Care according to QP procedures and guidelines.
• Works to maintain optimum levels of health, reduce absenteeism, reduce medical disabilities, and contain medical costs.
• Assists in proper treatment for minor injury or illness and assists in determining and arranging proper disposition of employees as to hospital, physician, home or return to work.
• Performs medical surveillance activities.
• Assists in the determination of real and potential health problems and hazards in the workplace, as well as providing solutions and training for the mitigation of the hazards.
• Maintain professional standards in accordance with current legislation and practice professional registration and continuing professional development.
• Ensure clinical practice is undertaken in accordance with the employing companies policies.
• Position requires interface with work groups and multidisciplinary teams to achieve above listed goals.
• Tasks performed include calibration and maintenance of equipment, providing technical advice, participating in training, incident reporting and investigating.
• Performs general administrative duties.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• A (minimum) 3 years degree in nursing from a recognized Nursing School, leading to a registered nursing qualification.
• Position requires excellent interpersonal skills, basic computer skills, and ability to maintain records and review test results.
• Requires Diploma or degree in nursing or related field and one (1) year experience.
• 2-3 years’ experience, or 5-10 years’ experience and L.V.N. or L.P.N. Licensed registered nurse and Certified Occupational Health Nurse preferred.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as nurse in relevant areas including primary care, emergency care and occupational medicine.
• Be responsible for personal continuing professional development to enhance knowledge and skills and fulfill re-registration requirement.
• Represent the values and beliefs of the nursing profession as well as that of the organization.
• Demonstrate the ability to function as a member of the healthcare team and understand and acknowledge the role and function of other members of the team.
• Develop and attain personal and departmental goals and objective in accordance with the Company goals and objectives.
• Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We are also a leading employer in the oilfield sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 170 nationalities bring. We employ over 82,000 people and work in more than 120 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. We are built on leadership, science and innovation. Our ambition is to always extend the technical limits of our industry. We encourage the brightest minds to explore new ideas, challenge conventions, and drive true innovation. We have always strived to create a culture of meritocracy and belonging, where we encourage every member of our global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to our continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth.