We are looking for a Procurement Manager to join the Schlumberger regional annex team. The Procurement Manager will be an integral part of regional team joint responsibility for managing Supply Chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity through Business Excellence process improvement approach. The successful candidate will be responsible for Purchases of goods & services to use or sell and ensures that the employer obtains quality products at competitive prices in an orderly and timely manner. This job role will be responsible for improving and executing the procurement and sourcing strategy. You will drive a consistent approach towards all sourcing, purchasing and tendering activities within the organization. The role holder will also be responsible for building and developing the supply chain team while working closely with the Group’s Supply Chain Department to embed our values of Integrity, Partnership and Excellence.
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Role & Responsibilities:
• To establish, harmonize and maintain appropriate formalized purchasing policies, compliance and procedures for the company.
• To develop a suitable database and protocol for ongoing supplier management including the ongoing creation, rationalization and management of “preferred suppliers”, along with a clear contractor key contract information (E.g. Contract sum, length of term, annual increases, break-clauses etc.).
• To introduce a formal ongoing tendering process that will be used from time to time when need be.
• To work with the departments and negotiate contractual arrangements with suppliers to ensure excellent service levels is maintained and optimized across all categories of expenditure.
• To lead supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement.
• To support the company in its endeavours to monitor suppliers’ performance in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and service level agreements.
• Create an encouraging work environment by communicating with employees and hold employees accountable for performance.
• Oversee purchasing, project procurement, monitoring and expediting of orders.
• Oversee negotiations, transaction management, and strategy execution.
• Maintain the Project Procurement Execution Plan.
• Work with Licensors, Clients, and company secrecy agreements.
• Maintain awareness of the materials supply situation including area sources, price levels and current deliveries.
• Drive negotiations with suppliers focusing on key identified criteria – Quality, Service Delivery, Operational Improvements, Total Cost of Ownership, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Applied Science, or a Related Field.
• Specialized Industry Knowledge, 2/3 year Experience as a Procurement Manager.
• Knowledge of Supply Management Software (Database Management, SAP, and General Office Programs).
• Ability to prepare negotiation strategies / techniques and participate / lead negotiations.
• Knowledge of vendor management, project procurement, and strategic sourcing.
• Good knowledge of project procurement execution (start to finish).
• Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Positively maintain relationships with suppliers, clients and other disciplines.
• Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply chain department.
• Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities and successfully drive through change.
Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We are also a leading employer in the oilfield sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities. We leverage strong local experience and the diversity in thought, background, and knowledge that more than 170 nationalities bring. We employ over 82,000 people and work in more than 120 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. We are built on leadership, science and innovation. Our ambition is to always extend the technical limits of our industry. We encourage the brightest minds to explore new ideas, challenge conventions, and drive true innovation. We have always strived to create a culture of meritocracy and belonging, where we encourage every member of our global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to our continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth.