Don’t miss the chance to be a part of Shell Oil Company as a Senior Reservoir Engineer. Be a key player, a significant player in the Oil and Gas industry which could help you have a purpose-driven career and have a positive impact on your life, your community and the world. The successful candidate will be working as a Senior Reservoir Engineer in one of the five major Clusters operated by Shell, comprising a total of about 30 fields. This includes large variety of fields, both classic and chalk reservoirs, oil fields with depletion drive, gas and water injection and normally pressured and HPHT gas fields. For the right candidate, there will be an opportunity to have line responsibility for a small team of Reservoir Engineers and/or take on the role of Opportunity Manager for a development project. The Senior Reservoir Engineer will play a leading role in production optimization through on-going well and reservoir management and VR activities. Identification and maturation of further VC opportunities, such as infill wells, will also be an important part of the job. Shell offers lucrative compensation and benefits packages considered to be among the best in the world. We value work-life balance. We support flexible working arrangements to encourage our employees’ well-being. Our global scale and business diversity will give you the flexibility to explore a variety of opportunities within Shell, so you can continuously grow your career. We are constantly innovating and believe that our success comes from human ingenuity to deliver more and cleaner energy through leading technology. We’re committed to each other’s well-being and success. Within a culture of collaboration, respect, and integrity, we share common values that are part of everything we do. Just imagine all that we can achieve together. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible. Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. A key role for society and for Shell is to find ways to meet the growing demand for energy, with less carbon emissions. We need people who dare to think differently – to take part in developing tomorrow’s energy solutions today. Send your CV and Cover letter now, if you’re such a unique applicant we are seeking at Shell.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
• Build, maintain and improve dynamic models, formulate and coordinate updates of field development plans.
• Provide input to well proposals and well activity proposals, providing reservoir engineering support for exploration, generate production forecasts for existing wells and proposed development activities for the Annual Business Plan.
• Estimate reserves and contingent resources and report in the Annual Report of Petroleum Resources.
• Share and leverage knowledge from within the asset, and Shell globally to add value to operation fields, act as a technical coach and/or mentor, providing support for other reservoir engineers within the Asset team.
• Identify Reservoir Engineering discipline improvement opportunities and contribute to the maintenance and advancement of the Reservoir Engineering discipline.
• Each reservoir engineer works within an integrated multidisciplinary team focused on development activities in a particular field or field area.
• Allocation of area and activity responsibilities within the reservoir engineering group is based on both the personal development needs of individuals and the needs of the business.
• Contribute to reservoir surveillance, infill and work over programs, well planning, reservoir management activities and field annual reviews
• Formulate detailed integrated development plans for both developed and undeveloped hydrocarbon resources.
• Perform annual reserves review and generate long-term production/injection forecasts.
• Identify key reservoir and development uncertainties and recommend mitigation plans.
• Work closely with team to progress studies, and report progress and results to management, answer queries and present findings as needed.
• Provide on-the-job training for young engineers.
• BSc in Engineering (preferably in Petroleum/Chemical Engineering) or Applied Sciences.
• Minimum 5 years work experience as a Reservoir Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with demonstrated reservoir studies expertise.
• Proven experience in Reservoir Engineering is a pre-requisite.
• Solid working knowledge of RE analytical evaluation techniques and numerical simulation modelling, with exposure towards field development planning activities and reservoir surveillance.
• Experience in complex and advanced reservoir simulation techniques (faults/fractures, dual porosity, compositional. etc.).
• Experience in transient well test interpretation, material balance modelling, wellbore dynamics modelling and performance, well planning, and reservoir monitoring.
• Must be familiar with reserves evaluation, classification and booking (SPE PRMS or SEC standards).
• Working knowledge of uncertainty analysis and risk assessment and management.
• Strong teamwork experience in a multicultural environment.
• Must be fluent in spoken and written English with ability to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff and management.
• Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
• Desirable to working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir, gas recycling schemes, and gas field development experience.
• Experience with Simulation – Eclipse 100/300 • Petrel RE • Fluid property modelling – PVTi, PVTSim.
• Experience with Material balance – MBAL • Wellbore dynamics modelling – PROSPER • Well test interpretation – Saphir • Reservoir surveillance – OFM.
About Shell Oil Company
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. Our strategy is to strengthen our position as a leading energy company by providing oil and gas and low-carbon energy as the world's energy system changes. Safety and social responsibility are fundamental to our business approach. Shell's purpose is to power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions. We believe that rising standards of living for a growing global population are likely to continue to drive demand for energy, including oil and gas, for years to come. At the same time, technology changes and the need to tackle climate change means there is a transition underway to a lower-carbon, multisource energy system. We continuously seek to improve our operating performance, and maximise sustainable free cash flow, with an emphasis on health, safety, security, environment and asset performance, as well as adhering to our ethics and compliance principles. Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell. Thus, we seek to recruit best talents as workforce annually.