Shell Oil Company seeks a qualified Supply Chain Manager to join our team. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating purchasing, warehousing, logistics and transport services for the oil Company. This also covers the provision of support with setting up and managing contracts with external suppliers and vendors. Within Shell oil and gas industry, this is a complex role involving the transport of goods and materials to remote locations, particularly offshore production installations. Safety is a key priority to ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner. This role is key to identifying and maintaining the tactical parameters for replenishment planning to ensure efficient and effective sourcing and replenishment of products through the network. This position is also expected to carry out the deployment activities within the RDC and warehouses within PH, ensuring the correct inventory is moved from source to destination location by Logistics. This role will also coordinate any communication of stock availability information to Customer Service in relation to Large and Urgent orders as placed by customers. Shell offers lucrative compensation and benefits packages considered to be among the best in the world. We value work-life balance. We support flexible working arrangements to encourage our employees’ well-being. Our global scale and business diversity will give you the flexibility to explore a variety of opportunities within Shell, so you can continuously grow your career. We are constantly innovating and believe that our success comes from human ingenuity to deliver more and cleaner energy through leading technology. We’re committed to each other’s well-being and success. Within a culture of collaboration, respect, and integrity, we share common values that are part of everything we do. Just imagine all that we can achieve together. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible. Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. A key role for society and for Shell is to find ways to meet the growing demand for energy, with less carbon emissions. We need people who dare to think differently – to take part in developing tomorrow’s energy solutions today. Send your CV and Cover letter now, if you’re such a unique applicant we are seeking at Shell.
The Role & Key Responsibilities:
• The Supply Chain Manager will direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service or safety.
• Manage day-to-day supply and logistics activities to maximize the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organization’s supply chain.
• Manage and direct materials planning and control, procurement, inventory management, storage, warehousing, logistics, transport and distribution.
• Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet customer needs.
• Direct the movement, storage or processing of inventory to ensure a cost-effective flow of activities.
• Develop and implement schedules and procedures.
• Ensures appropriate communication between functions is supported by facts to enable improved decision making on scenarios, opportunities, constraints – product introductions and withdrawals are made in a timely, efficient manner.
• Allocate resources to meet targets in areas such as transit and delivery times; inventory levels; purchasing, warehousing and storage costs.
• Liaise with functional and operations area managers (e.g., in customer service, MDC, sales & production planning) to ensure supply activities are integrated with other parts of the business.
• Lead, direct, evaluate and develop staff to ensure resources are used effectively and work schedules and targets are met.
• Responsible for Inventory control program and process flow covering the end-to-end supply chain solution.
• Optimize warehouse functions.
• Actively involved in data capturing and audit programs, physical inventory, cycle counting, delivery and non-conformance material flow process.
• Drive supply chain initiatives between sales, MDC & operations.
• Minimum HND, Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Mgt., or relevant field.
• Minimum 5 years of supply chain experience in a manufacturing facility.
• Knowledge of production processes and Supply Chain Planning experience.
• Experience or knowledge of raw materials planning/production scheduling process.
• Ability to lead, train and mentor employees on a personal & professional level.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• High level of computer literacy, including experience of using specialist procurement software and computer systems.
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (MCIPS) an advantage.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and planning skills are considered to be an advantage.
• Experience in planning and/or finance will be an advantage.
• Strong planning, organizational capabilities and People management.
• Strong experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks.
• Good stakeholders’ management skills and the ability to influence without authority preferred.
• People management skills and experience essential.
About Shell Oil Company
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. Our strategy is to strengthen our position as a leading energy company by providing oil and gas and low-carbon energy as the world's energy system changes. Safety and social responsibility are fundamental to our business approach. Shell's purpose is to power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions. We believe that rising standards of living for a growing global population are likely to continue to drive demand for energy, including oil and gas, for years to come. At the same time, technology changes and the need to tackle climate change means there is a transition underway to a lower-carbon, multisource energy system. We continuously seek to improve our operating performance, and maximise sustainable free cash flow, with an emphasis on health, safety, security, environment and asset performance, as well as adhering to our ethics and compliance principles. Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell. Thus, we seek to recruit best talents as workforce annually.