Shiftcargo Limited is a Tanzanian registered limited company established in 1998, deals with clearing and forwarding business, this encompasses sea and air freight, road Transportation and cargo movement. The company is an Agent of Tanzania Revenue Authority, Registered and licensed as customs and freight forwarding agent, handling both imports and exports to and from Tanzania including transit cargo to neighboring.
Shiftcargo Limited is hereby looking for a qualified and experienced Tanzanian to take up the position of Managing Director with ability to steer the company through transformation from a local brand to international markets.
General position summary:
Managing Director is responsible for the company, which is generally dictated by the board’s overall strategy. S/he control and oversees all business operations, people and ventures, set policies, create and maintain budgets, controlling finance and steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals.
Managing Director is to ensure SHIFTCARGO is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the company.
- Implement comprehensive business strategic plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Provide strategic advice to the board and Chairperson so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future.
- Ensure company policies are communicated and followed at all times.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with stakeholder.
- Responsible for all company compliances in accordance with Tanzania Laws.
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Read all submitted reports by lower rank managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Bachelor/diploma in clearing and forwarding or a related field
- Proven experience with a minimum of seven (7) years in C & F industry as MD or other managerial position
- International exposure, commercial awareness and entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrate experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Through knowledge of market change and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measure of performance
- Familiarity with Tanzania law regarding shipments and TRA
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills and managerial best practice
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving abilities
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” to apply for this job.
Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement and should channel their applications attached with the CV and academic certificates to Human Resource Manager.