Country Fleet Manager
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania,and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- To dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and
services by 2021. Sokowatch will provide everything a duka needs, no wholesalers or distributors
Reporting to; CEO
The role of a Country Fleet manager will be responsible for planning, communication, policy development, ensuring statutory compliance and administration of all fleet management processes. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring fleet safety compliance, fleet budgets and controlled costs with most effective fleet allocations.
- Responsible for a fleet of 60 plus Tuk tuks and motorcycles
- Evaluates vehicle inspection reports, repair quotes and repair invoices.
- Coordinates with all vehicle mechanics to ensure they are on time and being diligent.
- Serves as primary contact for all field level staff assistance (i.e. vehicle breakdowns, field assistance, mechanical issues, loading issues, etc).
- Serves as primary contact for all fleet relevant suppliers.
- Ensure all Sokowatch vehicles road requirements are up to date (i.e. insurance, inspections, NTSA requirements, etc.).
- Ensuring all Sokowatch drivers have valid and current documents (i.e. licenses and additional requirements).
- Development and implementation of fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies
- Preparation of annual budgets and periodic reports on operating costs, purchase and control over maintenance.
- In charge of team workload and performance of his branch fleet managers.
- To oversee fleet replacement program including recommending annual fleet replacement; develop specifications for purchasing equipment and vehicles.
- To ensure the work environment is in compliance with government, safety and environmental standards; assure the workshop areas, equipment and materials are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Previous fleet management experience
- Previous fleet management process design and implementation experience
- Vehicle maintenance experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Supplier communication and relationship management experience is a plus
- Ability to adapt in fast paced environments with various teams
- Mechanics certifications are a strong asset
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with cloud based storage solutions, like Google Drive is an asset
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest process and company improvements
- Minimum 5 years managing fleet administration
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
- Driving Change
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Qualified candidates to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearing indicating
‘Country Fleet Manager’ on the subject by 30th November 2019.
- The successful candidates must be ready to join us ASAP.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.