Job Description: Country Procurement Manager, Tanzania
Your role is to assist in building and maintaining a strong supplier partnerships for an ambitious Pan-African company. You are responsible for driving company supplier term negotiations, by ensuring we receive the best margins, payment terms and build strong partnerships across the country operations.
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Sokowatch will provide everything a duka needs, no wholesalers or distributors
Your Mission in our Vision:
You support the operations at a country level to ensure Sokowatch is always receiving the correct margins, supplier terms and procurement & delivery of products on time across all country branches.
Reporting into East Africa Supply Chain Manager
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supplier partnerships
- Schedule regular reports and meetings
- Actively manage and monitor the procurement and delivery of goods to the warehouses, to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Improve supplier lead-time compliance through optimization of delivery tracking
- Managing supply chain relations activities at a country level
- Monitor all distribution agreement contracts and ensure invoices from suppliers and POs to suppliers are as per the agreed terms.
- Proactively identify opportunities which will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Manage and implement strategies for procuring, and distributing goods to maintain stock levels
- Advise, train and mentor junior supply chain team members
- Internal stakeholders: Country Manager, East African Partnerships Manager, East African Supply Chain Manager, Global Head Partnerships, local Category Managers, Finance Department, and Country Operations team.
- External stakeholders: All suppliers relating to the operations; this includes but is not limited to stock suppliers, vehicle vendors and logistics companies.
Key skills and competencies:
- Preferred 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a Related Field
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics
Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong selling, negotiating and consulting skills
- Strong data analysis and superior organizational skills,
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within country
- Must love working with people and cross cultural teams
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.