Ensure that all customers receive a consistently high quality service by effectively managing and developing all available resources (staff, systems, processes) and ensuring that a strong customer-focused service culture becomes entrenched in the branch. Ensure that cross-selling opportunities are actioned and customers are migrated to more appropriate and cost-effective channels. Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce exposure. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards
- Responsible for the net profitability of the branch: ensure effective management of revenue and expenditure with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
- Optimise and streamline existing systems, processes and controls for cost-effective service delivery.
- Manage assets and cash holdings by ensuring that these are handled according to laid-down instructions and by optimising physical/system security controls.
- Provide an effective administrative function for the branch.
- Develop micro market sales plans to achieve responsive sales budgets/targets for branch (MLM).
- Gain a sound understanding of the different local market segments in the branch’s area of operation.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness. Recommend revision of controls to
- Provincial Operations, where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
- Maintain a culture within the branch that emphasises and demonstrates the importance of internal control to all staff.
- Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are applied effectively, with particular emphasis on routine compliance.
- Ensure that customer service standards are set and maintained in line with the requirements of each market segment.
- Ensure that customer complaints are monitored, trends and root causes identified and addressed at source to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel.
- Delegate authority and responsibility in line with business objectives and service standards to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all subordinates.
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of subordinates to ensure sustained profitability, compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Undergraduate or postgraduate qualification
- Tanzania Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an advantage.
- A seasoned banker with about 5 years branch banking experience
- Experience in managing a diverse range of people and activities are essential.
- Excellent people management skills
- Knowledge/Technical Skills/Expertise
- Knowledge of the Retail Banking value proposition.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Area sales and service strategies.
- Knowledge of the socio-political and economic dynamics affecting the local market/s.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.Comprehensive knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local target market profiles.
- Thorough knowledge of the products and services applicable to the local market/s.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.