Position: Credit Analyst – Commercial Banking – (1900017109)
Job: Commercial Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 16/Jul/2019
Unposting Date: 30/Jul/2019
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilitie
• Listen to understand drivers and real needs of client
• Update clients on changes (e.g. process improvements) which may impact their account
• Record client enquiries/feedback and address them promptly as appropriate
• Able to understand Client Value Propositions
• Ability to explain the sales cycle and own role within it
• Record and access client data
• Participate in account planning as a team member
• Follow client contact strategy
Risk & Compliance
• Advise on regulatory impact of business or functional strategy
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
• Apply the Group Fair Accountability Disciplinary Policy
• Ability to recognize own and team’s role in managing operational risks by displaying exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
• Only pitch relevant Financial Markets products to clients based on their risk profile within the appropriateness framework
• Perform with confidence credit and accounting analysis techniques, including cashflow analysis, ratio analysis and sources of revenue for a client
• Apply knowledge of working knowledge of internal credit and regulatory policies, procedures, guidelines and products etc, in managing client and portfolio level credit risks
• Follow the Bank’s procedures to complete risk assessment and recommend strategies for and credit exposures to clients with a moderate risk profile
• Ability to identify opportunities in offering the appropriate product to the client from the bank’s product suite keeping in view the customer risk profile and credit facility needs.
• Monitor for early warning signs of changing risk environment which may impact client and breaches in approval terms and condition. The candidate should be in a position to understand and propose necessary actions which work together the best interests of the bank.
• Respond quickly to all internal or regulatory requirements or policy changes
Product & Market Knowledge
• Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges faced by the markets, sources of prospects and opportunities relevant to role
• Offer informed opinions based on market trends and competitor products/solutions and take appropriate action within the role scope
• Provide end to end transaction led financing options to capture the client wallet, improve risk management and the Return on Risk weighted Assets
• Recommend pricing for the vanilla products and be able to set up pricing in the appropriate pricing systems
• Apply core knowledge of the Bank’s cash management products versus competition and trends
• Recommend and deliver cross-border solutions for clients
• Able to bring in product partners to the client meetings in the appropriate setting and timing
• Conduct regular updates and consistent dialogue with product partners
• Understanding of basic complex product and how they fit into a client’s working capital cycle
• Understand their roles and responsibilities vis a viss their portfolio with regards to originating, recording and closing product deals
• Able to spot opportunities and identify client’s needs
• Able to originate and close basic deals including being responsible for recording them on WorkBench
Our Ideal Candidate
Business or accounting related degree.
• MBA/ACA preferred.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in a corporate banking environment of which minimum 2 years should be of managing corporate client relationships.
• Sound understanding of corporate treasury products, trade finance products, Retail Clients products.
• Strong credit appraisal and marketing skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial information.
• A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of the region.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
• High quality experience in a credit management position with proven ability to manage a team.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.