Tele-Collection Officer Unsecured Retail Clients
About Standard Chartered:
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities:
SHEME LENDING MANAGEMENT
- To administrate such schemes as TSC, DOD and others that require physical call back verification to enhance efficiency in loan processing
- To ensure that all scheme lending agreements are prepared and signed as per the agreed guidelines
- To effectively manage the advise of loan repayments due to the Bank from the various Scheme companies as per the advised payroll/disbursement calendar
- To send a list of all cleared loans per company and Issue Stop payment instructions to customers on request.
- To manage any service related queries/complaints from Scheme Administrators
- To consistently review the scheme lending process to ensure maximum efficiency
- To work closely with Collections, CRC and Salaries to resolve any anomalies with loan disbursements, repayments or reporting
PROCESS FLOW AND REPORTING
- To monitor the performance of each department against the prescribed process flow , generate relevant reports and develop action plans to address any shortcomings
- To receive applications from sales channels under centralised application processing, update the applications on a tracker, Send the applications for HR/ payroll sign off, once singed Update on the tracker and send to loan centre for processing. For returned applications – send the forms to sales point for necessary amendments maintain the tracker for trend analysis.
- To monitor the end to end process to ensure the Turn Around Time is within agreed standards
- To closely monitor returned applications to ensure appropriate action is taken on each application
- To get a list on all split drawdown applications from GB Ops & Send communication to sales point confirming clearance, Receive clearance documents from sales point & Send communication to GB Ops for disbursement of retained amount. Send a copy of the clearance to GB Ops & Deliver the clearance documents to various companies for deletion of deductions for loans cleared by SCB.
- To manage service related queries from both Scheme Administrators and Internal customers
- Improve customer service standards in the Employee Banking in line with Group initiatives e.g. Outserve, Customer Complaints Management etc
- Provide support to Branch/Customer Sales and Service Managers/ Direct Sales Managers on quality issues
- Work with Credit and Service Quality to review and improve on the end to end process
- Responsible for tracking Risk Management returns in the New Business
- Reconciliation of all Sundry and Suspense accounts in the New Business
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’ efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University Graduate with at least 2 years experience in consumer business.
- An in-depth understanding of the unsecured loans process
- In-depth knowledge of products, services and delivery channels available to unsecured customers
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and management skills
- Ability to manage key relationships both internally and externally
- Good knowledge of Credit Risk Management
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other systems in the unit
- Credit analysis would be an added advantage
- Proven track record and attention to detail
- Keen customer focus to ensure customer needs are met
- Working of key systems such as LOS/ DATASTORE/ EBBS
- Presentation skills and a good team-player Complexity in the job arises from the following factors:
- The mass market nature of the unsecured lending business makes it difficult to bundle all customer needs into a specific template to enable non-subjective credit decisioning.
- Therefore one needs to identify trends in product performance to enhance our product offering.
- Different companies targeted for scheme lending have different internal policies and procedures.
- This role requires one to be vigilant to ensure scheme agreements are not breached and processes consistently reviewed to enhance efficiency.
- Liaising with the various sales channels to ensure better quality applications
- Identifying training gaps
Judgement in the job is required on a day to day basis for:
- Identifying applications that deserve to be appealed
- Advising scheme administrators on various issues
- Prioritising action plans to ensure maximum impact
- Identify training needs due completeness of applications and approval rate
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.