We are seeking a highly motivated Fleet Manager who will passionately oversee the maintenance, repair, equipment installation, and daily vehicle turnaround, and operation, so that SAT may be able to distribute their products or render service effectively at a minimal cost. A Fleet Manager who will be responsible for the management and development of the members of the fleet team, and an ambitious leader who will drive the fleet team into achieving the goals set and daily tasks.
1. Bachelor in Transport and Logistics Management, or any relevant field
2. Min 2 years working experience (fully employed)
3. Valid Driving License preferably class C.
4. Communication and interpersonal skills: A fleet manager is a skilled negotiator, an active listener, and an agile speaker and writer where vendors and all levels of employees are concerned.
5. Computer and software skills: In addition to email, instant messaging, spreadsheet, and word processing apps, he is familiar with fleet-specific programs like route navigation software and logistics and supply chain software.
6. Finance and accounting literacy: A fleet manager needs to understand how to read a balance sheet and how to establish a departmental and fleet budget.
7. Ability to supervise staff: With overseeing transportation, he supervises and critiques the work of other employees in a variety of roles.
8. Understanding of what is under the hood: A fleet manager needs to understand vehicle systems, mechanics, and technology sufficiently to authorize repairs and accurately evaluate the work of employees involved in maintenance and repairs. Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations: He is well-versed in the environmental and safety laws, regulations, and rules that are relevant to the fleet department.
1. Plans and heads the operations of company garage and vehicle fleet.
2. Develops and maintains efficient performance standards, procedures, and policies.
3. Assures accuracy of parts inventories.
4. Develops and maintains Fleet Department budget.
5. Directs repair, service, and maintenance of company vehicles.
6. Develops and supervises vehicle preventive maintenance schemes.
7. Reviews periodic repair procedures to ensure completeness, accuracy, and efficiency.
8. Recommends vehicles meant for replacement and arranges for necessary disposal or auction.
9. Interviews, trains, and disciplines subordinate staff members.
10. Directs supervisory staff in planning of driving, automotive repair, and maintenance jobs.
11. Investigates vehicle accidents, negotiates for any possible settlements, and authorizes any repairs or maintenance of company vehicles.
12. Drives if necessary, for the organization.
Applications must be sent in soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org . CV including current contacts of three references, copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, motivation letter all submitted before 2nd March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
About SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE TANZANIA
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) is a grassroots organization with registration number 00NGO/R/0833. SAT works closely with small-scale farmers on organic farming and stakeholders like universities, companies, and government extension officers. Its holistic approach is built on the four pillars dissemination, research, application, and networking. An exciting opportunity with this dynamic and fast-growing organization awaits the right candidate. This is a busy, high-volume but friendly environment that will suit an organized and professional person with a passion for organic agriculture, community development, a great eye for detail, and plenty of team spirit.