WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATORS (S POSTS)
Company: TANROADS Simiyu
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Government Jobs
Key qualifications for weighbridge Operator;
- Age Limit; between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Education qualification: Holder of Full Technician Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Civil; Mechanical or
- Electricity Engineering (FTC).
- Must be Computer Literate/ at least advanced Certificate in computer applications)
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English languages.
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Enforcement of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices.
- Carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic ( Maximum Weight of Vehicle) Regulation 2001.The activities include the following;
- Weigh Motor Vehicles of Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) ≥ 3500Kg aplying on our Public Roads.
- If the vehicle is found overloaded the operator should impose road damage fee on the spot.
- Measure physical dimensions of motor vehicle of any load being carried on the motor vehicle and incase of non – compliance with vehicle dimension limits, the transporter should be caused to present for a special permit.
- For trucks carrying abnormal load with special permit, the weighbridge operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the weighbridge in charge for appropriate actions.
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
- Observe good customer care dignity and integrity
- Report all matter to the Shift in – Charge.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by Shift in Charge/Regional Manager.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Appointment will be on contract Term of two year renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
SCOPE OF position:
- Successful applicants must be ready to work on all working days and some times during Weekends and Public
- Holidays They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision
- Any Tanzanian who meets the conditions and requirements of this advertisement is invited to apply-
- Overqualified applicants will not be considered.
- Applicants who are employed should route their application through their Employers.
- Any person with criminal offences needs not to apply.
- All applicants should have at least three of referees and their contact address and reliable telephone numbers for contact
- All academic certificates MUST be certifiedSubmission of birth certificates is must Affidavits will not be considered.
Mode of Application:
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the undermentioned address not later than 17th July. 2019 with their complete CVs and certified copies of all academic certificates and birth certificates; names of three referees; addresses of previous employers; applicants contact telephone number, email address and postal address. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission is extended to 17th July, 2019 at 16:30 Hrs.
Application letters should be handwritten in English Language.
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS. HAND DELIVERY IS ACCEPTABLE:
TANROADS, NYAKABIDI AREAS,
P.O. BOX 389,
OR Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Executive Agency under the Ministry of Works Transport and Communication, established uncter section 3 0) of the Executive Agencies Act (Cap 245) and came into operation in July. 2000. The Agency is responsible for the Maintenance and development of the trunk and Regional road network in Tanzania.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions in conducting Axle load control/operation, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS Simiyu on behalf of the Chief Executive, intends to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacancies at its office.