The Guardian Limited (TGL), widely acclaimed as the Home of Great Newspapers, is part of the IPP Group of Companies – one of Tanzania’s leading private sector entities with dignified presence in the print media as well as television and radio broadcasting.
TGL currently publishes two upmarket daily newspapers – The Guardian (in English) and Nipashe (in Kiswahili).
In our ongoing endeavour to ensure that, we have a team of highly qualified, diligent and motivated professionals in our various departments and units, we are looking for suitable people to fill the following vacancy below:
Job Title: CREDIT OFFICER
- Collection of outstanding payments in respect of advertisements
- Issuance of credit notes and control of credit
- Reconciliation of customers’ accounts
- Leading freelancers in making follow-ups on uncollected debts
- Ensuring that the debt status is as accurate and current as possible
- Developing reports on aged debt accounts and outstanding day sales
- To identify delinquent debts and take necessary action to recover the debts
- Offering customers quality services in a prompt manner
- Ensuring timely transfer of credit made to, and payments made by, customers
- Reviewing collection queue to perform collection activities accordingly
- Adhering to customer credit policies and procedures
- Closing outstanding amounts in monthly collection accounts to meet set targets
- Contacting debtors and implementing repayment schedules and terms
- Assisting in efforts to take legal action against debtors, including by providing necessary information
- Maintaining security and confidentiality of Company and customer information
- Ensuring compliance with the law during the collection of debts
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills .
- Ability to positively and meaningfully connect with clients and encourage them to make timely payments of debts owed
- Time management skills, particularly as relates to dealing with calls to – and by – Clients
- Experience in meeting retention and sales negotiation goals
- Basic computer software skills and ability to work within relevant data spreadsheets
- Ability to work diligently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to reason and think quickly during negotiations
- Degree in Finance/Accounts/Credit Management .
- Three years working experience in Debt Collection and Credit Control
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Interested candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria should send their applications, complete with detailed CVs, addressed to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
THE GUARDIAN LIMITED
P. O. BOX 31042 DAR ES SALAAM.
- Alternatively, deliver the documents at The Guardian Limited offices in Mikocheni Light Industrial Area — opposite ITV studios or send the application via Email:to email@example.com
- Please, note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.