Position: Health Safety & Environmental Officer
Deadline: 19th July, 2019
Location: DAR ES SALAAM – Tanzania
- Continuous coordination and follow-up of the training programs (local and regulatory trainings).
- Organize and conduct fire drills at Head office
- Compile monthly POBs for all sites
- Conduct HSE related inspections at Head Office
- Coordinate and follow payments for all HSE related vendors
- Coordinate purchase of all HSE related equipments and PPEs.
- Coordinate and conduct monthly HSE committee and follow-up actions from committees.
- Continuous follow-up and update of Nonconformance Register and Ramses
- Conduct internal training, toolbox talks and spearhead HSE campaigns to promote a safety culture
- Visit worksites and service stations to conduct HSE inspections
- Organize and conduct fire drills
- Follow up and maintain firefighting equipments
- Promote near-miss reporting, golden rules and use of stop card
- Participate in accident investigation and reporting
- Follow and facilitate implementation of affiliate HSE objectives
- Continuous implementation, Compliance and improvement of the HSE Management System.
- Ensure compliance to the work permit system and prevention plan by conducting regular inspection of the permit and prevention plan issued.
- Ensure that all contractors working inside the site are trained on Totals HSE requirements and are ICC audited.
- Ensuring day-to-day supervision of high risk works and conduct periodic site inspections.
- Conduct HSE toolbox talks and audits, issue violation notices and recommend for rewards.
- Making sure of the availability of proper PPE and monitor the inventory and use of the PPE.
- Create and review HSE programs, policies, plans and procedures.
- Coordinate site safety meetings, mandatory training, inspection (required by the law)
- Managing health of employees, this includes monitoring the quality of food, drinking water and ensure cleanness of sanitary facilities.
- Fully implementation of the annual HSE program which will be given to you
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by the HSE Manager.
Context and environment
• HSE is a responsibility of everyone, your main objective must be to build a strong safety culture among all employees and contractors working at your site.
• Working long hours and sometimes during weekend, public holidays.
• Close coordination with;
Internally: OM, internal auditor, Commercial Department, Network Manager, HR Manager and Depot Managers, etc.
Externally: Contractors, Engineering Consultants, Network dealers, Consumer customers, Government institutions such OSHA & NEMC.
Must possess at least five years of work experience in HSE, most preferable in oil and gas, mining, power plants.
Must possess a degree from a recognized higher learning institution.
Must possess HSE qualifications, and an engineering background will be an added advantage.
BMust have a good command of English language (speaking and writing) and should be an effective communicator.
Computer skills, conversant with Microsoft word, power point and excel.
Must be independent, able to deliver under minimum supervision.
Must be ready to work under high pressure and demonstrate high level of commitment to work.
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Job Expires 19-July-2019
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.