Purpose of the Job
To process loan payments to TRA SACCOS members of the Society and payments to suppliers: to run monthly payroll and prepare payment of salaries to the employees of the Society; To manage cash and account receivables of the Society; to record and maintain the Non-Current Assets Register of the Society. All these to be performed as per IRA SACCOS LTD Financial Regulations and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties and responsibilities
- To review daffy! monthly bank reconciliation reports for revenue and expenditure accounts of the Society.
- To capture invoices, payment vouchers and petty cash in the expenditure society accounting system and verify the correctness of claims and payments.
- To prepare Society monthly expenditure reports and supporting schedules.
- Update Society Members Control Accounts with ban recoveries contributions from salaries i.e. monthly Payroll deductions remitted to TRA SACCOS.
- To dispatch statutory deductions to the respective recipients by the due dates.
- To ensure that expenditures fall within the approved budget limits.
- To effect Payments through electronic funds transfers (EFT). viii) To attend queries concerning payments and retirements.
- To review the work of Assistant Accountants.
- To verify printed payroll deductions repods and members recovery results.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields, Accountancy, Finance, Commerce or Business
- Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions.
- Holder of CPA (T) or ACCA professional qualifications must be registered With NBAA.
- Trained in IFF1S trained by NBAA will be an added advantage
- Not less than three (3) years of relevant experience. Working in Micro finance Institutions will be an added advantage.
Key Competences and Skills.
- Ability to use different Accounting packages/software
- Good IT skills and proficient in microsoft office Le advanced excel
- Leadership and Team Building
- Strategic Focus and Managing Change
- Managing Performance and Accountability
- Problem SoMng and Decision Making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and execute task with minimal supervision
- Age Limit: Must be between 25- 35 years
Terms of Employment: The incumbents will be o-offered Employment opportunities upon completion of a Probation period of six (6) months and a dean vetting process result.
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates
Duty station: Dar es Salaam.
Mode of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should apply within two weeks after the 1st date of this advertisement. The application should include the following (both hard and soft copy);
A well written application letter
A detailed up to date CV,
One (1) current passport size photograph, and
Copies of all academic and professional credentials to:
TRA SACCOS LTD,
P.O. Box 63225
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
OR Click ”APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Note: TRA SACCOS LTD is an equal opportunity employer. Only snort-listed applicants will be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
About TRA Saccos
TRA SACCOS LTD is a registered Savings and Credit Co-operative Society whose man objective is to mobilize savings from members and in return provide credit facilities. TRA SACCOS LTD is an employee-based SACCOS which was established in July 2006 as per the requirements of the Co-operative Societies ACT No. 6 of 2013.
The objectives of the Society are to encourage saving amongst members by educating members the advantages of developing a savings behavior, proper management of money through proper investment and best practices aimed at improving the social and economic conditions of the members. This is achieved by otkering to the members complementary savings schemes, credit facilities and other financial products as may be required by the members from time to time.