Dar es Salaam
Transsnet Music Tanzania Ltd (Boomplay)
Boomplay is Africa’s Largest Streaming and download service.
Transsnet Music Tanzania Ltd
TITLE: HR Manager
Transsnet Group is a joint venture between NetEase Group (a world-leading Internet listed company in China) and Transsion Holdings Group (a global Intelligent Terminal Products, and mobile value-added service provider).
It focuses on all kinds of Internet fields and takes Internet finance, Internet music, short video, application market and online gaming as its main business. Its internetwork products contain: Boomplay-Africa’s largest online music platform, Vskit-Africa’s second largest short video platform, Palmstore-The second mobile apps distribution platform in Africa, Palmcredit, Palmsave, Palmpay and other outstanding Internet products that have already emerged in Africa. Transsnet is also one of the first Chinese Internet enterprises, begin to lead African nativism internet road.
With the sustained growth of Internet consumption demand in Africa, the Internet business in Africa presents tremendous potential and growth space for future development. Transsnet takes all advantages of these two companies ,the first is based on the strong technical strength of NetEase, which has the advanced concept of Internet product operation .The second is based on the strong government relationship of Transsion Holdings, which has plenty channels and market foundation in Africa. It helps the vast number of users in the African market more convenient, faster experience of Internet contents. We are committed to create the fastest growing and most brand-influential internet business group in Africa.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management / Business related field with an emphasis in Finance / Accounting or similar field from an accredited university OR equivalent combination of education and 4 years of experience of full cycle recruiting preferably with proposal recruiting experience in International development, contract based environment .
2. Experience and success in identifying/hiring technical & Marketing experts in a variety of sectors;
3. Experience using behavioral and situational interviewing techniques;
4. Experience with Social Media (Facebook, Linked-In, Twitter, etc.)
5. Have at least 3 years working experience in Payroll. Experience in payroll outsourcing will be an added advantage;
6. Project management skills & proficiency in Payroll Software, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
7. Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
1. Recruit international and local Country personnel for proposals and programs;
2. Source candidates in alignment with proposal personnel qualifications, donor regulations, and organizational team structure.
3. Support/improve processes for strong recruitment to include developing job descriptions, creating job
announcements, networking, screening and interviewing candidates when needed.
4. Follow and promote understanding of best practices, regulations and policies related to recruitment and employment.
5. Assist with development and implement international recruitment best practices; ensure proactive and
continual networking efforts to maintain a pipeline of qualified talent.
6. Assist with the development, maintenance and updates as needed the proposal recruitment manual outlining processes, policies, and best practices.
7. Assist with the design of organizational charts and advise on team structure based on proposal objectives, budget, and personnel qualifications.
8. Serve as administrator for recruitment websites and manage the applicant tracking system to house and track candidate CVs.
9. Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media etc.
10. Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
11. Ensure hiring process is effective and efficient for the new employee and hiring managers by reviewing background checks, preparing offer letters in a timely manner.
12. Negotiate salaries with candidates based on available salary scale criteria.
13. Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and capturing data;
14. Update payroll records by capturing changes in exemptions, allowances, insurance coverage, savings
deductions, job title and department/division transfers, and any other changes that may occur within the month;
15. Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages amongst other reports;
16. Ensure employees are paid on time and their payslips are distributed by the last day of every month;
17. Ensure that the statutory reports such as PAYE, NSSF, NHIF are submitted to the Finance department by the end of every month;
18. Resolve payroll discrepancies after analyzing information;
19. Provide payroll information when required and address any payroll related complaints that may arise;
20. Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; advise on any changes required;
21. Protect payroll operations by keeping all information confidential;
22. Ensure that the company is compliant to all laws that relate to payroll processing;
23. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
1. Understanding of local country’s Labor laws, Company Act, and other relevant laws.
2. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in local languages; other languages strongly preferred.
4. Ability to develop flexible and solution-oriented alternatives, make timely decisions, exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
5. Ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with a wide range of management styles within the Region and build relationships.
7. Demonstrated computer proficiencies, including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management.
8. Language requirement: English
1. Attention to detail and Data Entry Skills;
2. High sense of confidentiality and integrity;
3. Working knowledge of a payroll software;
4. Ability to work under pressure and prioritize;
5. Effective time management with ability to work under minimum supervision.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If you meet the above qualifications, we shall be happy to meet you.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity