Programme Associate, Gender Statistics
Location : Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Application Deadline : 26-Jun-19 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left : 13d 23h 21m
Type of Contract : FTA Local
Post Level : GS-6
Languages Required : English
Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Aug-2019
Duration of Initial Contract : One year
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the Country Office and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the Country Office website;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
Process payment for consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
- Provide guidance and training to Programme Assistants as needed.
- Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the Country Office resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Country Office and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
• Respect for Diversity
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
• Creative Problem Solving
• Effective Communication
• Inclusive Collaboration
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Leading by Example
• Good knowledge of programme management;
• Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
• Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
• Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
• Strong financial and budgeting skills;
• Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment