United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is the UN’s capital investment agency for the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs). With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development.
Local Finance Initiative (LFI) is one among several programmes being implemented by United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) in Tanzania and other countries with the aim of unlocking domestic capital markets to invest in local development. LFI supports commercially viable economic infrastructure projects with transformational impact in local communities. These projects are either sponsored/owned by private investor(s) or/and Local Government Authorities (LGAs) such as district and town councils, municipals, and cities.
To capture the achievements and lessons learned from programme implementation, UNCDF is seeking professional services to produce a ‘coffee table’ book which includes writing content, human interest stories, relevant photographs of high quality, video technology and professional designing of the book. The assignment includes production of 40 human interest stories for UNCDF highlighting the achievements and lessons learned from the implementation of programmes. The content for the coffee-table book and human-interest stories will be collected from 20 projects in Tanzania.
UNCDF is seeking a consultant to develop the coffee table book and human-interest stories. The consultancy will be based on the scope of work outlined below.
Duties And Responsibilities
The main objective of developing the coffee table book and human-interest stories is to capture outcomes and impact of UNCDF work and the lives of the people and communities in Tanzania.
Scope of the Work
Working under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor, the consultant will work closely with UNCDF staff during all stages of production of the coffee table book – from formulation of concept to development and finalization of stories, collection of relevant photographs, professional designing along with infographics, reviewing the draft and finalizing the product. It is expected that the selected consultant shall use own equipment and expertise as required to deliver the services stated in this TOR in a timely and effective manner.
The Consultant Will Perform The Following Services
- In close consultation with UNCDF staff, identify contents to be captured in the coffee table book and human-interest stories.
- Develop contents including case stories (approx. 300 to 500 words each), along with high quality photographs
- Develop infographics to creatively present facts and figures.
- Develop 5 high quality projects videos that can also be presented in augmented reality (AR)
- Produce at least 50 high resolution at least 300dpi photographs with relevant captions.
- Produce five human interest stories (500 to 700 words) for UNCDF websites along with relevant photographs.
- Design and layout of a coffee-table book about 105 pages, as per UNCDF Branding Guidelines.
- The coffee book should include augmented reality videos- (AR) of specific projects
- A detailed brief will be provided by UNCDF on the requirements, guidelines and policies for human-interest stories and photographs as well as credits and copyright issues.
An inception report in which among other things, should include a list of identified contents to be captured in the coffee table book & human-interest stories and a detailed work plan with clear tasks and completion date
50 best photographs edited and optimized in high resolution (minimum 300 dpi at 8*10 inches) in JPEG or PNG format to be used by UNCDF. Photographs must comply with UNCDF’s standard technical requirements. Credits for photos and human -interest stories, together with copyrights for the photos will remain with UNCDF
Five high quality videos to be presented in augmented reality (AR ) form
Five human interest stories for UNCDF websites highlighting the achievement of SDGs, as per the UNCDF web guidelines, along with high resolution photographs and relevant caption for each photograph.
One well edited, high quality, ready to disseminate 105-page coffee table book with 40 human interest stories with augmented reality videos- (AR) as per the initial brief by UNCDF
This contract will be based on the payment terms described below:
Payments will be made to the consultant based on deliverables/output as per the payment terms described below, and after submission of certificates of payment to UNCDF. All outputs shall be subject to written final acceptance by the Chief Technical Advisor of UNCDF and subsequent authorization to disburse the payment.
Inception Report – This is deliverable 1, to submitted within10 days of signing the contract (20%)
Five human interest stories, and 50 high resolution photographs with relevant captions along with 5 projects videos (for deliverables 2&3), within 30 days after commencement of the assignment. (40%)
One coffee table book, deliverable within 60 days from commencement of contract, approximately by August 2021. (40%)
The Consultant will be required to travel to several regions of Tanzania. The travel costs associated with the assignment shall be quoted in the financial proposal.
- Functional And Technical Competencies Include
- Project management and writing skills
- Communication, consultation and presentation skills (including ability to manage social development dialogue processes)
- Team management skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APLPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.