The Administrative Assistant is expected to exercise full compliance of administrative activities in line with UNDP provisions, rules and regulations, policies and strategies in relation to day-to-day office management support such as procurement, recruitment, logistics, asset management, office maintenance, internal/external coordination, and administrative report preparation to ensure the implementation of effective internal control systems. Summary of Key Functions includes: To provide effective administrative and operational support to the designated UNDP project, provide support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the project and in the Climate Action Programme Team, ensure correctness and accuracy in matters of administrative and operational quality assurance and compliance, following both government and UNDP prevailing rules and regulations, Function as liaison between the PMU and the UNDP Regional Team in support of PMU operation.
Working with us
UNDP believes that an inclusive culture attracts the best talent. Our diverse workforce delivers effectively by tapping into different perspectives, experiences, knowledge and approaches. We are leveraging our workforce’s potential, and achieving greater organizational excellence. UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. UNDP Passionate applicants should send their recent CV and cover letter accordingly. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide effective administrative and operational support to the implementation of UNDP Projects, such as but not limited to:
• Preparation of routine administrative and office correspondence such as e-mail transmittal, invitation letters, memoranda, and other relevant communications as required by the Project Management Unit (PMU).
• Reviewing of documents assigned by the supervisor and provision of necessary revisions for finalization.
• Preparation of correspondence and making close coordination with the project stakeholders and members of Project Support Group (PSG) and PSC (Project Steering Committee) on matters that require information and dissemination of documents including notice of meetings.
• Routing of incoming correspondence and ensuring that all outgoing correspondence/documents are delivered to the intended recipients.
• Preparation of highlights during meetings and trainings as requested by the supervisor.
• Preparation of the supervisor’s Travel Order and making coordination on meeting arrangements.
• Working as part of the secretariat during PSG or PSC meetings, and workshops as necessary.
• Production of meeting materials/documents for dissemination
• Provision of administrative and secretarial support to the PMU in the preparation of TORs, updates, reports, minutes of meetings.
• Raising requisitions for the procurement of goods and services.
• Ensuring provision of logistical services such as purchase of tickets and PO preparation; and conference/meeting/workshop/training facilities arrangements in coordination with the concerned staff/unit of UNDP.
• Briefing to members of the team on general administrative matters, provision of advice and administrative support.
• Maintenance and organization of office records/files.
• Reproduction of documents for office records/files.
• Working closely with the Administrative Coordinator on administrative matters that require actions from the Implementing Partner.
• Maintenance and reporting of all office equipment and keeping inventory records of supplies and their usage.
• Managing of Project Cash Advance/Petty Cash to support the requirements of specific project activity or office day-to-day operations Contributing to the preparation of project’s workplan and budget and coordinating with relevant stakeholders.
Innovation – Ability to make new and useful ideas work. Adapts deliverables to meet client needs.
Leadership – Ability to persuade others to follow. Proactively seeks and recognizes contributions of others.
People Management – Ability to improve performance and satisfaction. Appropriately involves team in different stages of work and decision-making.
Communication – Ability to listen, adapt, persuade, and transform. Expresses information and views with adaptive reasoning and appreciation for complexity and variation.
Delivery – Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement. Takes responsibility for addressing critical situations and delivering core values.
Service Delivery Coordination- Ability to coordinate and deliver services in line with service level agreements and standards of excellence in UNDP.
Office Administration- Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs.
HR/Finance Interface- Provide support to HR Finance Interface including position management, chart of accounts, certification of financial resources for position extension, creation, etc.
Quality Assurance- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s degree holder in any Business Administration/ Accountancy, Communication, or other social science courses.
• At least 3 years relevant working experience with a corporate organization or foreign aided projects or international development or organizations.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other common software is a prerequisite.
• Basic knowledge in procurement, petty cash handling, logistics supports, and filing systems are basic requirements.
• Knowledge of UNDP project implementation procedures, including reporting and monitoring is preferable.
• Fluency in English both oral and written, is required;
• Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset but not a requirement.
About United Nations Development Programme
UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. Integrity upholds the professionalism of UNDP staff; it is the backbone of efficiency. Our staff exhibits Professionalism by demonstrating competence in their areas of expertise, commitment and pride in their work. Diversity is one of the defining features of the United Nations and the Organization recognizes that the diversity of its staff is an asset in tackling its complex tasks; these are UNDP Values. We are individually and collectively responsible for nurturing and promoting an organizational culture of ethics and integrity where we respect and uphold the organization’s values, and where staff are empowered and motivated to deliver sustainable development results. We continuously seek and recruit people who are fair, impartial and honest. We value dynamic and adaptable persons who are not afraid to think creatively and are proactive, flexible and responsive.