The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Specialist will support our Global Engagement Channel Team in the overall marketing CRM strategy. Your role is to be the go-to person for CRM and how it is used to enable the business plan to succeed through more effective and efficient ways of working and engaging with our broad range of target audiences. You’ll flex your skills within the marketing, fundraising and content teams. If you are a proactive, troubleshooting and passionate CRM professional, we would like to meet you. Ultimately, you should help bridge the gap between our CRM systems and marketing ambitions. The CRM unit provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for UNDP workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of UNDP to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international CRM staff. The Engagement Department is responsible for UNDP marketing content and channels communication to support UNDP targeted communities to reach their audiences.
Working with us
UNDP believes that an inclusive culture attracts the best talent. Our diverse workforce delivers effectively by tapping into different perspectives, experiences, knowledge and approaches. We are leveraging our workforce’s potential, and achieving greater organizational excellence. UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. UNDP Passionate applicants should send their recent CV and cover letter accordingly. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Role & Responsibilities
CRM Systems and Applications
• Understand current CRM practices, identify gaps, recommend CRM system development and ideal state.
• Assess various options for customizing and optimizing the systems to meet ambitious business needs/targets.
• Assist in creation of long-term strategic goals.
• Monitor data quality, data migrations, and support data integration activities for audience engagement and management reporting.
Training and Support
• Support and empower different stakeholders by proposing marketing-oriented solutions to their business requests.
• Provide relevant training, including documentation, to ensure team proficiency with the systems.
• Work closely with various team members to review implementation in order to better bridge the gap between systems, users and engagement opportunities.
• Keep abreast of CRM system releases, features, processes, best practices and make recommendations accordingly.
• Research and propose relevant CRM integrations to streamline business practice.
Team Spiritual Life
• Reflect the values of UNDP with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
• Work and pray together in our religious faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
• Encouraged to join and contribute to UNDP’s international network.
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business, Management Information Systems.
• CRM qualification or equivalent job experience.
• Fluency in English both oral and written, is required;
• Working knowledge of another UN official language, including French, Portuguese or Spanish is an asset but not a requirement.
Experience / Competencies:
• Minimum 5 years working experience in CRM, Marketing, or related Marketing support functions.
• Experience in managing CRM systems in support of marketing activities (i.e., Salesforce, Pardot, Hootsuite, Google Analytics…).
• Experience and understanding of key end-to-end CRM processes with good knowledge of industry best practices in CRM space.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel/spreadsheet/Qlik skills (formulas, data cleansing and data manipulation).
• Understanding of Marketing audience engagement techniques.
• Understanding of CMS, XML, SQL, and enterprise application integration a plus.
• Ability to effectively translate and communicate system complex concepts.
• Ability to grasp future trends in technologies and act proactively.
• Team-player who takes full ownership of responsibilities with rapid autonomy.
• Able to think critically and analytically while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent multitasking, business analysis, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent listening skills to fully understand requirements and opportunity areas.
• Attention to detail, quick learner and problem-solver.
About United Nations Development Programme
UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. Integrity upholds the professionalism of UNDP staff; it is the backbone of efficiency. Our staff exhibits Professionalism by demonstrating competence in their areas of expertise, commitment and pride in their work. Diversity is one of the defining features of the United Nations and the Organization recognizes that the diversity of its staff is an asset in tackling its complex tasks; these are UNDP Values. We are individually and collectively responsible for nurturing and promoting an organizational culture of ethics and integrity where we respect and uphold the organization’s values, and where staff are empowered and motivated to deliver sustainable development results. We continuously seek and recruit people who are fair, impartial and honest. We value dynamic and adaptable persons who are not afraid to think creatively and are proactive, flexible and responsive.