Qualification and Experience
- Professor/Associate Professor with PhD in any academic discipline with not less than fifteen years service in teaching/ researching.
- The Vice Chancellor shall serve for a period of five (5) years, renewable once. She/he will be responsible to the University Council in management and administrative matters and to the Chancellor in relation to academic affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in defining the vision and mission of the University.
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining a collegial environment that is conducive to the scholarly interaction of students and the University affiliated faculty.
- Be responsible for ensuring equal employment opportunity and for leading the University’s good faith efforts to meet established affirmative action goals for University academic and staff positions.
- With other faculty of the University, recruit new faculty members to participate in the development of the institution. Upon request, the Vice Chancellor should provide assessment of a faculty members’contribution to the
- University for personnel actions.
- Convene the University Senate in discussion of the academic function of the University including, but not limited to, discussion of the role of schools/faculties in sponsoring courses, imposing graduation requirements and establishing curricula that is complementary to that of departmental and divisional curricula.
- Work effectively with the student and staff affairs
- Explore ways for divisions and colleges to work synergically to provide complementary academic programs and processes that enhance undergraduate education (e.g. by developing interdisciplinary research and educational programs that might be appropriately associated with the University
- Work with the University Relations to support development activities for the University to provide funds to enhance academic activities and specific programs of the University.
- Lead the University senate faculty in regularly reviewing and updating college bylaws and other governance documents and will work with the UoA academic senate to ensure that the UoA Bylaws and Regulations accurately reflect the responsibilities and activities of the University.
- Represent the University to appropriate external groups and individuals.
- The appointed VC will be entitled with basic salary as per UoA scheme plus responsibility and utility allowances, free house or house allowance, and medical support.
We encourage submission of electronic copies to expedite processing of the applications. In the application letter, candidates must also give names, contact addresses, and telephone numbers of their religious leader(s) who is (are) able to provide recommendations to the applicant. The deadline to receive applications is 31st July 2019. You can call 0755385610; 0789179322; or 0754566766 for any inquiry.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through their addresses and/or
telephone numbers and shall appear for interview.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About University of Arusha (UoA)
The University of Arusha (UoA) is a fully accredited and chartered Private University accountable to the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Tanzania but carries out its objectives in harmony with guidelines and regulations for higher learning institutions in the country. Currently, UoA invites applications from suitably qualified and competent applicants to fill the vacant post of Vice Chancellor (V.C).