UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leadersand promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable developmentwithin Africa.
Located in the President’s Office, United Republic of Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organises high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
The role of the Communication Unit (CU) is to support the development and implementation of the Institute’s Communication Strategy in aid of realising the Institute’s Strategic Plan in strengthening leadership for sustainable development in Africa. The CU therefore plays a supporting function to the key departments of the Institution, namely; CEO’s Office, Research and Policy Department, and Executive Education Department in achieving this goal.
The Communications Intern for UONGOZI Institute (UI) will therefore assist the Institute’s communications team in the day-to-day operations of the CU. He/She will work closely with the Institute’s Communications Officer and report directly to Communications Manager.
Scope of the Assignment
- Assist in frequently updating the Institute’s website.
- Assist in maintaining an online presence on the Institute’s social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Assist in updating the mailing list.
- Assist in drafting press releases, media briefs and other communications materials for external stakeholders.
- Assist in maintaining internal communications.
- Assist in proofreading, fact-checking and editing communication materials.
- Assist in processing requisitions for goods/services provided by different vendors.
- Assist in transcribing and translating audio and/or video files for communication materials.
- Assist in planning and organising national and regional events (meetings, forums and workshops).
- Assist in taking newsworthy photos at events and functions.
- Assist in branding at different UONGOZI events.
- Assist in performing print, broadcast and online media monitoring.
- Assist in identifying, planning, and implementing new communication strategies, platforms and tactics.
- Assist in the compilation of stories for the Institute’s newsletter(s).
- Up-to-date email database of UONGOZI Institute’s stakeholders.
- Frequently updated website and other online platforms such as UONGOZI Blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Bank of transcribed and translated audio and/or video for communication materials.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or any other related discipline.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Ability to operate a semi-professional camera.
- Digitally savvy – online/social/mobile.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Volunteering experience is preferred, although not required.
The Intern will be provided with a three-month contract. Some assignments will require travel.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
- Note: UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.